Bearers Chapter 9+

Start from the beginning

Thankfully Tonks decided to distract her by using her metamorphmagus ability or else Harry expected Ron would have been hexed by the time he finally drug himself down the stairs for breakfast. He took one look at the envelopes and Hermione's face before nearly turning around and walking back out.
"Bloody hell, OWLs already?" he asked.
"Its mid-August Ron, school is going to start in just a few days now," Hermione said scathingly.
Ron groaned and grabbed his envelope, "I guess we'd best get the suffering over with then. I'm glad Mum isn't here."

"She's going to drop by later today to get your lists," Tonks said, hoping to torment Ron a little.
Hermione tore into her letter eagerly and read the letter. Harry saw her blush deeply before passing her letter to him. He skipped all the explanations and went right to the scores.

Subject: Written Exam / Practical Exam Defense Against the Dark Arts: O/O Potions: O/O
Charms: O/O Transfiguration: O/O
Care of Magical Creatures: O/O Herbology: O/O
Arithmacy: O/O Ancient Runes: O Astronomy: E History of Magic: O
Total O.W.L.s Received: 17

Incidents during the examination period have been taken into account for this score.
"I can't say that I'm surprised Hermione, but well done," Harry said warmly as he passed the letter to Ron. Harry opened his own letter, his sense of dread magnifying.

Subject: Written Exam / Practical Exam Defense Against the Dark Arts- O\O Potions- O\O
Charms- E\O Transfiguration- E\O
Care of Magical Creatures- O\O Herbology- E\E
Astronomy- A

History of Magic- A Divination- P
Total O.W.L.s Received: 14

Incidents during the examination period have been taken into account for this score.
Harry felt an immense feeling of relief as he passed the letter on to Hermione. He didn't do nearly as good as she did, but at least he wouldn't have to try to conceal his grades from her like she had feared he might last year.

Hermione let out a little squeak as she read his scores. "This is great Harry, now you can continue in potions and you did really good in the important classes."
"I want out of potions," Ron said, then let out a whoop, "no more Snape."
"You still need potions Ron, it's important. You can read my books and homework so that you don't fall behind even if you can't go to class," Hermione said as she snatched his letter.

Subject: Written Exam / Practical Exam Defense Against the Dark Arts- O\O Potions- E\A
Charms- E\O Transfiguration- A\E
Care of Magical Creatures- O\E Herbology- E\E
Astronomy- A History of Magic- P Divination- A
Total O.W.L.s Received: 14

Incidents during the examination period have been taken into account for this score.
Harry took Ron's scores after Hermione finished reading them. "These are still good scores Ron, even if Snape is ridiculously picky."
"Yeah, I did a lot better than the twins, Mum will be right chuffed," Ron said happily, than broke off in an even louder whoop than the one he had let out earlier. Harry looked up to see him holding a shiny gold badge. Gryffindor House Quiddich Captain
"Well done Ron, Quiddich Captain, its brilliant," Harry said with genuine elation for his friend.
"Yes, very well done Ron, Professor McGonagall must have thought you did a good job as Keeper last year," Hermione said.
Ron was absolutely beside himself, but he still tried to be gracious, which was unusual for Ron. "I hoped I'd get it, but honestly mate, I thought it would probably be you."
"Nah, I'm seeker, you're the one who lives and breathes team strategy. You're the perfect choice," Harry said.
Ron eagerly polished and brushed his badge much like he had done last year when he got prefect. Hermione blinked suddenly like Harry noticed she was apt to whenever she remembered something important.

"Harry, can I borrow Hedwig, I want to tell my parents about my OWLs," she said. Harry waved his hand airily, she didn't need to ask him, she was always spending time away from her parents, usually because of him. Inspiration hit Harry suddenly as Hermione disappeared up the stairs.