"Please Patches. Clay is so worried about you." She seemed to come closer when I mentioned Clay, which was promising. Finally, she came up and sniffed my hoodie, rubbing up against it. I give her a pet and slowly reach out to her, picking her up, giving her pets. "Oh my god. That took 10 minutes, but honestly, don't care, you're safe." I whisper, going into my car and putting Patches on my passenger seat. I close my door and take the hoodie off, throwing it over to the passenger seat, allowing her to lay on it and cuddle it.

I give a sigh of relief, going back to my phone, "You still there?"

"Yeah." He says. "I'm at home now though. I needed to get a glass of water." The sound of glasses clinking the table rings through the call.

"Good good, I'll be there in a second. I'm gonna hang up though, my phone is almost dead." I said, looking at my phone, still on a healthy amount of battery life.

"Okay, I'll.. see you at my place." He says, taking initiative to hang up. I place my phone in my bag and start the car again, driving a short way to his place. Parking and unbuckling, I grab Patches and the hoodie, and lock my door after getting out. I quickly knock and watch the door swing open.

+++

There stood Clay. At the front door, completely frozen, eyes wide. His breathing stopped for a whole few seconds. "Patches???" Her head turned towards him and he instantly started smiling and reaching for Patches, giving her cuddles and hugs. She snuggled into him, purring right away. "Oh my god Patches-" He laughed, moving out of the way and allowing me inside. I close the door so Patches doesn't try to escape, even though I know she's in his arms.

His arms. Patches is reserved for his arms only. Think about that (Y/n).

I sighed, releasing a breath, letting go of the thought I just had and sitting down, placing his hoodie down in the spot next to me. Patches jumped out of Clay's arms and over to her food that Clay had set out, I'm pretty sure. "Thank you so much." He turns towards me, who is sitting alone on the couch, staring off at Patches who is safe and eating her food. I look at him and give him a soft smile, yawning.

"I should head out, but I'm sure you'll say I'm too tired or something. You're lucky I don't have work tomorrow, otherwise I would have to wake up in a few hours and leave to go home to change." I look away from him, watching Patches.

"You could always just bring some clothes over and keep them in the guestroom or in your car, if you ever do ever have work the next day. Ya know, just a- uh, thought." He looked over to Patches after looking at me to talk. His cheeks were dusted with pink, from what I saw out of the corner of my eye.

I yawn again, rubbing my eyes. It's 4 something in the morning and I can barely keep my eyes open in the comfort of Dream's- Clay's home. Clay. Clay sounds so weird after calling him Dream so much, especially around Dani. Dani- Dammit, I haven't texted her in days.

"I'll get you a change of clothes." He stood up and took a stretch.

"Hah- uh, what?" I said, looking up at him, perplexed.

"A change of clothes you can sleep in?" He asks, questioning what he said before.

"I can just sleep in what I'm wearing." I say, mumbling the next bit, "I don't need your clothes."

"I insist. That-a-way, you can have a somewhat nice outfit tomorrow to change into." He says, walking off in the direction of, I'm guessing, his room. A few minutes later, he comes out with some of his joggers, a t-shirt, and in his other hand a blanket. "Want to stay in the guest room or the couch?"

"Am I allowed to sleep in the guest room?" I ask, getting up from the couch, and walking over to Clay, taking the clothes.

"I wouldn't have offered it." He laughs. He leads me to the guest room upstairs where his room and another bathroom is as well. "If you need me, my room is at the end of the hall. There's a bathroom here-" He points to the bathroom, then to the empty room. "That's the guest room." He smiles, heading over to his room. "Oh, or just call me or text me, I'll have my ringer on." He paused before entering. "Good night (Y/n)."

"Good night Clay." I mumbled, yawning once again and heading into the room, shutting the door. I changed and got in the bed, trying to push myself to sleep, but to no luck. It was just like before Clay called me about the Patches incident. Laying awake, thinking about him. Clay. Why? I told Drista I liked him, but at the time, I thought it was in a joking sort of way. It's been a couple weeks since then and I feel like the joke grew into more of an actual crush.

I grabbed a pillow to hug and curled against it. Then I flashed back to the time when I had met Sapnap and George on call. When Clay was talking about liking someone, or hinting at it. Was he talking about me? Maybe he was talking about someone online. He meets a lot of pretty girls online. Yeah, he won't like me the way I like him. There's no way.

With that, I drifted to sleep.