Chapter 41

***

***

Alexandra's sixth year at Hogwarts was approaching and so Edna and her had gone to Diagon Alley that day to buy her new school books. Edna usually went to Diagon Alley for the shopping all on her own, but Alexandra had grown a lot over that last year and so was in dire need of new school robes as well.

They had entered Madam Malkin's robe shop. The place was full of young kids that were starting their first year at Hogwarts soon. After entering the shop, one of Madam Malkin's assistants led Alexandra toward a stool and instructed her to stand up on it so she could take her measurements.

"Miss Starling, do you think you be all right here on your own?" Edna asked her. "I better go get your school books while you're here. It would save us some time."

"Yes, Mamma. Go ahead." Alexandra gave her a reassuring smile and so Edna left the shop, disappearing from sight.

Alexandra let out a small sigh as the witch was now measuring her arm, placing a few pins in to mark her new black robe. But just then Alexandra's eyes darted up and her heart leaped when she saw a boy with black hair and grey eyes pass the shop.

"Regulus..." Alexandra muttered under her breath.

"Excuse me?" The witch who was measuring her arm raised a brow at her, stopping momentarily.

"Sorry, I'll be back in a minute," Alexandra said without thinking twice about it, and then before the witch could stop her, she took off the black cloak briskly and ran toward the shop's door.

"Miss, wait! Miss!" the witch shouted after her, but Alexandra was already gone.

As quick as humanly possible, Alexandra went outside and looked all around the alley, until she finally spotted Regulus walking down the alleyway.

"Regulus!" Alexandra called him out as she started running after him, dodging the people on her way so she wouldn't bump into anyone. "Regulus, wait up!"

Upon hearing someone calling out his name, Regulus finally came to a stop and turned around, a smile forming on his lips the moment he sighted the girl running toward him, her raven black hair flying behind her.

"Alex?" he said in surprise, taken aback to see her there. But then he shook his head and his smile disappeared from his face when he remembered the last encounter they had with each other back at Hogwarts.

On the night which they had their Astronomy exam for their O.W.Ls last year, Alexandra had followed Regulus down to the dungeons and they had walked into an empty classroom, where she finally got him to confess everything.

He had told her how he was ordered to get closer to her, so he could convince her to willingly join the Dark Lord. For some reason, Lord Voldemort didn't want to get her on his side by force.