"Daddy, what is a divorce?" I asked him, curious.

"It's like a break up, baby girl. But Mummy and Daddy will still love you, no matter what happens." Dad was crying. I never seen a boy cry before, especially my father. I kissed his cheek and hugged him.

I can't believe Mummy and Daddy are breaking up. I love both of them, but I still can't grip the reason why this is happening, I'm only 5. But, Daddy smiled at me so maybe it's good. I don't know. I'm sad to lose them, but I have Daddy and Fid. No. I want Mummy, too. This isn't fair!

Daddy took my hand and led me to his car. "How about you sit in the front?" Daddy smiled and sat me in the big girls seat. Daddy went back inside and grabbed the backs. As Daddy walked out Mum was at the doorstep, crying. I felt sad, like I wanted to cry.

"Daddy, is Mumma okay?" I asked Daddy as he got into the car.

"Um- she's just upset honey." Daddy replied as he pulled out of the driveway.

"Daddy, will I see Mumma ever again?" I asked him, sad. Daddy nodded and held my tiny hand in his big one.

I was crying now. I wish Mumma and Daddy could get along. Why do they hate each other? Daddy told me that him and Mumma were going to be together like princesses and prince. Why did Daddy lie? This isn't fair.
I wiped my tears away and looked up at Daddy. He was driving, concentrating really hard on the road ahead. I frowned and looked at his hand. In movies when people get married they have pretty rings on their finger, but Daddy didn't have his on. Instead it was a white line around his finger where the ring used to be. I felt sick, knowing my family is gone. I felt like I needed to throw up.

"Darce, you okay?" Daddy had a worried expression on his face, he glanced at me then the road.

"Can we go home?" I cry, sloping down in the chair.

"Sorry Princess, we can't. But the new home is going to be bigger and better!" Daddy tried to cheer me up, all I wanted was Mumma and Daddy together.

-next morning-

I woke up in warm arms. I stretch out and look at the man who I was snuggled up to, Dad. I pulled my curls out of my face and laid back down in his chest. Daddy groaned and his eyes fluttered open. I shut my eyes and tried to fall back to sleep, but Dad got up and went downstairs.

I huffed and stayed in bed, sleeping for another hour. When I decide to get up I go downstairs to see Daddy in the kitchen. My little feet pidder patter on the cold tile as I make my way to Daddy.

"FUCK!" Daddy screamed before throwing the phone to the wall. I back up, surprised at Daddy. He never curses in front of me. Daddy's face was in shock, he quickly covered his mouth and widened his eyes. I stood there, biting my lips and shuffling my feet back and forth.

"Darcy- I-" Harry hestitated before bending down to my level.

"Was that Mumma?" I asked him, a little confused.

"No-uh-I mean yes. Yes it was."

"Oh," I reply before opening the big fridge and digging out the juice.
"Where's the cups?" I ask him. He gives me a cup and watches me pore a glass of juice. His hands behind his fluffy head of hair as he leaned on the counters. I stood beside Dad with the glass in my hands, drinking it ever so often.

Dad pulled me closer to him, letting his arms fall to my shoulders as he massaged them. I put the cup on the counter as Dad picks me up, walking around the house, humming songs. I start to cry, thinking about how Mumma and Dad will never be together. Was it my fault? Is it because I didn't put up my toys? Why does Daddy hate Mum?

"I ha-hate y-you Dad." I tell Daddy over his shoulder, crying. Daddy stopped humming and put me down. I realize what I said and tried to apologize, but Daddy already had an angered look on his face. That means I'm about to get into lots of trouble. I slowly back up and hit the counter behind me. I was so scared. Dad acts like a monster now, I miss the old dad. The one where he takes me shopping and out for ice cream and movies.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry, Dad please don't hurt me. I didn't mean it." I cried harder and shuffled under his legs so I was behind him, hugging is back. I stuffed my face on his lower back. Dad turned around and picked me up again, his angered face was gone. I wrapped my arms around his neck and set my head on his shoulder. I was still sobbing, it wasn't really going away.

"I want Mumma, she was my best friend and you made h-her go a-away forever!" I cough as I choke on my words. His bare chest becoming a tissue for my tears.

"I miss her too baby, I love her so much, she was my best friend also, but you know, princess, things don't work out sometimes and sometimes people fall out of love and there is nothing you can do about it, only to let that person free so they can be happy, okay doll?"

Yes? No? Maybe? Tell me what you think!!1

-Muskaan xx