Old Married Couple

A/n

okay to start off, i'm v sorry for neglecting my stories. i've been really stressed out w/ school + have been experiencing some family emergencies as well. anyways, i'll be back to a "normal" updating schedule starting today.

also, this chapter, quite frankly, sucks. I wrote it over the span of like two months, and it's very noticeable. There's just one chapter left in this book, and I really like the last chapter so that's something to look forward to.

thank you so much for your patience + tolerance of me. It means a lot that I have the best readers in the world. I missed you guys. An update on Grease will be coming up within the next two days :).

*smut warning*

okay ily <3

===============================================

- TYLER -

Shaking my hips in time with the music blasting in the background, I set the table for dinner. Troye had been working nonstop for the past couple weeks because opening day was tomorrow. I wanted to surprise him with a home-cooked meal for all his hard work.

However, Lord knows that I am not blessed with culinary skills, so I opted for a simple, step-by-step homemade pizza. 

Troye still hasn't arrived after I've set up the table, and I don't make the pizza yet in hopes because I want it to be warm when he comes home. The minutes continue to tick by, and I find myself growing impatient with the need to see him after his long day of work. Somewhere in my mind, I'm aware that once I stop waiting for him to come home, he'll show up. So, in attempt to somehow bring him home faster, I busy myself with some paperwork. 

I stare at the papers in front of me, hoping that this would be enough to convince the universe to bring Troye home. Obviously not, as more time has passed and Troye still isn't back yet. Grumbling under my breath, I decide to actually do some work. Allowing myself to get lost in my work, I find time flying by. I continue to work through the stack of papers, pulling out my phone at some point to make some calls. 

Given my new concentration on my work, I don't hear the door opening when Troye gets home. 

"Yeah, but look, you have to be there a couple hours early. It's opening night, Aurora!" I say into the phone.

I jump when I feel Troye's arms wrapping around me from behind, and my face lights up as he slides into my lap. He grins at me, pecking my lips and staring at me with his sleepy eyes.

"Look, Aurora, I'm going to have to call you back. Just be there by 9:00 A.M. tomorrow morning, okay?" I say, slightly distracted as Troye combs through my hair.

I don't wait for a response from Aurora, mindlessly ending the call and placing my phone back on my desk before sneaking my hands around Troye's waist.

"Hey, beautiful," I say, trying to catch the gaze of his wandering eyes. He turns to look at me with pouted lips and wide eyes, and I lose my breath at how cute he looks. His lips stretch into a small smile as he says, "Did you cook for me?"

"Oh...that?" I shrug. "Yeah, I just made some pizza."

"Aw, you cooked for me!" Troye teases, nuzzling his nose into my cheek. 

I roll my eyes, shooting him an exasperated look.

"We're like an old married couple," Troye giggles, his hands resting on my neck.

"Nuh-uh!" I insist, not appreciating his comparison. "We're not an old married couple!"

"What's wrong with old married couples?"