"I think you're overthinking things, pretty," he laughed at my stressed out face. "I'll have him make sure there's no eggs in the house, if it worries you that much."

"I wasn't invited."

David pulled out his phone, typed a few things, then locked it. Less than ten seconds later, we heard a little ding and he held up the screen to show me.

Ilya Fed: Yeah man that's fine! Can't wait to meet the girl that tied David Dobrik down

"No excuses."

"No excuses," I agreed with a soft smile. "Okay, I'll go."

That Saturday, I did my hair and makeup perfectly and got in the car for the three hour drive to David's hometown. On the way, he told me stories on stories about Ilya, Alex, Mike, John and all the trouble they got up to in middle and high school. I knew he was only telling me so I'd feel included if an inside joke popped up, and I really appreciated that.

We stopped just as we got there for gas and snacks, even though we were only ten minutes from the address in the GPS. David told me we'd probably stay pretty late, and it'd be better to get gas now.

We took a long time picking out candy. As soon as we finally decided, David suddenly stilled, his hand that was reaching for the gummy worms stopped just short. His eyes got really wide, and his smile dropped into a straight face. I looked to see what he saw, a woman in her fifties with short, dark hair and a shocked but excited expression.

"Oh my god, David? Is that my sweetie pie?"

And it all clicked. This was her, walking towards us like she never hurt him, her arms wide open to hug him. I stepped in front of him before she even got the chance. She stared at me, surprised.

"Stay away from him," I spoke. I had never heard myself so serious or powerful, but it was not a moment to get all flustered.

"And you are?" she raised her eyebrows, unimpressed.

"His fucking girlfriend," I snapped back, sizing her up. She was taller than me, but she looked weak. I could take her, especially with all of the anger I felt towards her. "And I'm telling you to stay away."

"You're unbelievably childish to think I'd just listen to you," she replied, and I wanted to claw her eyes out of her head. I wanted to snap her neck and slit her throat and watch her die. I wanted to do anything to hurt her like she hurt David, but with him standing behind me, I knew I couldn't. "This is my nephew. Why don't you stay away from him? He loves me, don't you, David?"

David said nothing, still shell shocked, which only made my heart ache for him more. I said, "I'm giving you five seconds, lady."

"Or what? I haven't seen him in forever. I'm sure my sweetie pie missed me."

Okay, maybe I didn't give her her five seconds. The second those words left her mouth, I grabbed a chunk of her hair to keep her in place and started swinging like a madwoman. For someone with such a big mouth, she really couldn't fight.

I could tell the attendant behind the counter was yelling at us, but I honestly could not hear a word he was saying. My heart was beating in my ears, and the only thing that stopped me from beating her until her brains were splattered in the candy aisle was David's arms wrapping around my waist to yank me off of her.

Her nose and mouth were bloody, and when I let go of her hair, she fell to the floor. I smiled at her as she stared up at me with a dropped jaw. Although David was still holding me up off the ground, I spit on her. I always saw it in movies and thought it'd be a nice touch. As he dragged me away, I yelled, "That's what you get for touching little boys, bitch! Next time I won't be so nice!"

"I'm so sorry, sir," David politely apologized to the man behind the counter as he pushed the door open, still holding me up with only one arm. He practically shoved me into the passenger seat and sprinted to the other side of the car so he could get us out of there.

He stared ahead as he pulled out of the parking lot, a few tears slowly streaming down his face. I frowned at that, completely forgetting my right hand was in shambles. "David, please don't cry. I'm sorry I upset you. That was really stupid; I shouldn't have done it."

"You upset me?" his eyebrows raised, and I prepared myself for the lecture that was about to come. "Are you kidding me? That is literally the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me in my entire life."

"Oh..." my lips curved into a smile. "So you're not mad?"

"I have never been more proud of you," he reassured me, grabbing my left, unbroken hand. Damn, that lady's head was fucking strong. "The only thing I'm mad at is the fact that I didn't get it on video. And that you fucked up your hand. And that she could press charges."

"Why would you want a video? My hand is fine; I'll get some ice when we get to Ilya's house," I told him, then more softly added, "and you know exactly why she won't press charges. If I go down, she's going down with me."

"I'd probably watch it every night before I went to sleep," he softly smiled to himself. "I love you. Thank you."

"You don't have to thank me, love," I reminded him. "I've been waiting for that moment since you told me, to be honest. I'm sorry that that happened, though. I shouldn't have went to get candy."

"It was needed," he breathed a sigh of relief. "Feels like a weight's off my chest."

"I'm glad," I squeezed his hand. "Ilya and his buddies are going to think I'm a fucking psycho. What are we going to tell them?"

"They know," he said quietly. "I mean... Ilya knows. I'm sure he's told everyone by now. I don't know who else will be there, but."

"It'll be fine," I told him with a reassuring smile. "I can make up a story. I'm a pretty good liar, you know?"

"Milla, it's funny that you think that's true," he chuckled, wiping the stray tears from his cheeks. "Never in my life have I met a worse liar than you. You can't even make eye contact with me when you lie."

"Oh, really?" I looked him dead in the eyes. "I like that sweater on you."

"... that wasn't a lie."

"Fine, you're right, it wasn't," I groaned. "It's such a nice sweater. How could I hate it?"

"Are you doing okay?"

"I'm sorry, my brain is frazzled right now. I can't believe that just happened."

"Me either," he sighed, his head leaning back against the headrest. "I didn't know you'd be an MMA fighter, babe. I'm scared to see what happens next time you see Natalie."

"You should be."

IVE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS ONE..... TURN IT UP!!

sorry i havent updated in forever im in college its hard okay

pls vote and comment if u would slap that evil bitch too <3

xoxo abby