Second chance.

Rose Jackson looked up from the place she was standing. She just went back in time and she felt like she was gonna throw up. But she held it in, she couldn't throw up in a room full of people. 
Because she arrived in the Great Hall of Hogwarts. She went a few hours back in time, to the fight between professor McGonagall and professor Snape. He was just about to leave Hogwarts, but Rose wasn't really interested in that. She knew exactly what was gonna happen. 
She saw herself, or a tip of brown, curly hair, next to Fred. He was trying to shield her, just to be sure she was safe. But nothing would happen. They were going to get ready to fight. The battle of Hogwarts would happen in a matter of time. The shields would fall eventually, Rose knew that. 
But the Rose right in front of her didn't and Fred didn't either. 

She took a deep breath. Seeing Fred alive and well gave her a strange feeling. What if she wasn't able to save him? What if this was all for nothing? She thought about taking George with her, before she jumped. But that would've made things more difficult. She needed time alone with Fred to try and convince him not to go to the Room of Requirement. She wasn't sure yet whether to tell him what happened. 
She just wanted to make sure he understood first. 

So when she saw Fred and herself leave the Great Hall, she went after him. She knew 'old' Rose was gonna go somewhere else than Fred. Because Fred went with George. Rose decided to go with Remus and Tonks for the time being. She knew Fred was gonna go to the towers of Hogwarts already. Probably to spend his last moments with his brother. 
As she followed them to through the school, she was trying not to be seen. She put up the hood of her hoodie and looked away whenever someone looked at her. 
She heard George and Fred talk. They were nervous, not their normal selves. But they were still laughing. They were okay for now. And Rose wanted to cry. 
Before Fred could enter the steps they needed to follow, she put a hand on his shoulder. He quickly turned around, almost raising his wand. 
"Rosie?" he said confused. "I thought you were going with Tonks and Remus?" 
George looked as confused as Fred did. 
"I need to talk to you, before I go." she said, not sure whether to tell him she was the future Rose. She decided not to. 
"O-okay?" he said, quickly looking over at his brother. He shrugged and went upstairs. 
"Can we go sit somewhere private. So nobody can see us?" she said.

She took them to a place only they knew. It had been their secret spot when they were still in school. 
She sat down slowly. The stone was cold and it didn't feel right at all. 
Fred looked at her, as if something was off. Ofcourse he had to see it. Ofcourse he knew. 
"Are you okay, Rose?" he asked slowly, grabbing her hand. 
"I-" she then nodded. "Listen, I have to tell you something. And you have to promise me that you listen to me carefully." 
"Ofcourse, you know I always listen to you." he said, not really sure what was happening. How could he possibly know. 
"Okay, I need you to promise me to not go near the Room of Requirement tonight.  Whatever you do, don't go there." 
He looked confused, scared even. 
"What do you know that I don't?" he asked, squeezing her hand.
Rose wanted to cry. She wanted to tell him so badly what was happening. That he would die if he went there, but she couldn't. Something inside her told her she couldn't tell him. 
"Fred, just trust me on this, okay?" 
Eventhough he didn't know what was going on. You could see the look on his face change. He realised that if it was so urgent, so important to Rose, that he would listen. 
"Okay. I will make sure not to go there." he said. 
She knew so many things could happen to him, even if he didn't went there. But this was one chance to get him to safety and she couldn't do much more. 

They were quiet for a while. Neither of them knew what to say. Until Fred spoke up. 
"I love you, okay. Whatever happens tonight. Just know that I love you and I always will." he whispered. He sounded so scared and Rose couldn't hold her tears anymore. She started nodding intensely, as the sobbing took over. 
"Hey, we are going to survive this, Rosie. We will." Fred said, pulling her closer. She burried her face into his chest and cried.
"I love you, Freddie." she whispered. 
"I know you do. Be brave for me, okay. We will get through this together and then we will live the rest of our lives together. Eventually we will get little red-haired kids running around our house."
Rose started to laugh. She finally looked up and looked into his brown, beautiful eyes. She raised her hand to touch his cheek one more time. He immediately put his hand over hers. 
"We will be okay." he whispered, before he kissed her quietly.  
"Y-yes." she struggled to say. "Yes, we will." 
He stared at her with a smile on his face. 
"Go get ready, sweetheart. I will see you soon again." he said slowly. Making sure he was convincing her, but also himself. She quickly grabbed his hands. 
"Promise me you will do what I say?" she said again.
"I promise." he answered. 
She kissed him like she never kissed him before, because all she could think about was that it was the last time she would kiss him.

Rose looked at Fred as he walked away. A tear rolled down her cheek. Now all she could do was wait. And he was going to fight for his life. For her life even. 
He looked back at her quickly, a weak smile on his face. Then he disappeared, into a dark night. 
Rose took out her timeturner and looked at it. 
"I hope you're helping me right now." she said, laughing weakly to herself. 
She wasn't sure what to do now. She had to wait until everything was over and then go back to the place where the explosion was. Hopefully Fred wouldn't be there. 

Hopefully all would be okay.