Victory of the Daleks

Start from the beginning

"Such as?" Jessie asked.

"Follow me."

Jessie stepped out onto the roof, and she whistled in amazement, looking around. "Hello, World War II," she remarked. "Oh, I've got memories of you."

"Wow," Amy breathed.

"Doctor? Bad Wolf?" Jessie turned as Churchill beckoned to a white-coated scientist with binoculars. "This is Professor Edwin Bracewell. Head of our Ironsides Project."

Both Time Lords held up a V for Victory, and Bracewell nodded. "How do you do?"

"Two flights JU thirty eights approaching from the east," a man reported from nearby.

Amy jumped as a bomb landed nearby. "Oh, Doctor," she breathed, looking over the barrage balloons. "Doctor, it's - "

"History," the Doctor nodded.

"Ready, Bracewell?" Churchill asked.

"Aye aye, sir," Bracewell nodded before shouting. "On my order. Fire!"

Jessie blanched as energy bolts shot out from a sandbagged emplacement, and the Nazi planes were hit dead on. "No," she whispered, shaking her head desperately. "Oh, my God, please, no!"

"What was that?" Amy asked, confused.

"That wasn't human," the Doctor answered, taking Jessie's hand and narrowing his eyes as he turned around. "That was never human technology. That sounded like . . . " He turned to Bracewell. "Show me," he ordered. "Show us. Show us what that was!"

"Advance," Bracewell ordered.

"Our new secret weapon," Churchill smirked as a khaki Dalek rolled out from the emplacement. "Ha!" Amy looked from the Dalek to Jessie, confused when if possible, the woman's white face turned even whiter. "What do you think? Quite something, eh?"

"What are you doing here?" the Doctor spat.

"I am your soldier," the Dalek answered.

The Doctor blinked. "What?"

"I am your soldier," it repeated.

The Doctor shook his head. "Stop this. Stop now," he ordered. "Now, you know who we are. You always know!"

"Your identity is unknown."

"Perhaps I can clarify things here," Bracewell cut in. "This is one of my Ironsides."

"Your what?" Jessie asked faintly.

Bracewell turned to the Dalek. "You will help the Allied cause in any way that you can."

"Yes," the Dalek answered.

"Until the Germans have been utterly smashed."

"Yes."

"And what is your ultimate aim?"

"To win the war."

"Oorah," Jessie whispered, feeling the Doctor squeeze her hand. "Isn't that always their ultimate aim?"

***

"They're Daleks," the Doctor explained as they sat in Churchill's office. "They're called Daleks."

"They are Bracewell's Ironsides, Doctor," Churchill rolled his eyes. "Look." He pulled out a few blueprints and laid them out over his desk. "Blueprints, statistics, field tests, photographs. He invented them."

"And that's not good, is it?" Jessie asked the Doctor.

"No," the Doctor shook his head. "Oh, no, no, no."