Chapter 23| You gotta risk it to get the biscuit'|

Chapter 23|' You gotta risk it to get the biscuit'|

"I am a bitch," I muttered to Mitchell. "The biggest bitch in the world, times ten."

Mitchell sighed, "You are not a bitch, Ryder. You didn't know."

"But I shouldn't have let it get to me," I retort back. "I should have just let it go. Not entertain it."

"But you did," He says back. "You let it get to you and you entertained it. There's nothing you can do to take any of it back. You have to accept it and move on."

"I can't though." I argue back, leaning against my bed's headboard. "It was disrespectful to even be fighting with him, much less in a public place where everyone can watch."

"Ryder Holloway," Mitchell says, wrapping me in a side hug. "Stop beating yourself up over it."

"I should probably apologize." I completely ignore what Mitchell said.

"Prob--" Mitchell's cut off when someone opens the door.

"Hey, kids," Dad says, poking his head through the gap. "Are you coming down to eat?"

I roll my eyes. "No, we're gonna sit here and starve to death."

Dad falters. "Uh, right," He says quietly. "Well, dinner is ready."

"Thanks Dad!" Mitchell calls out after him, before glaring at me. "Why are you so cruel to him?"

I push his arm off me. "Since he tried to pull off some kind of twisted prank. Why do you care?"

"You're pushing him away, Ryder." Mitchell says seriously. I scoff, not responding. I don't owe him anything. At least, not right now. I still have the right to be mad. Mitchell sighs when he realizes that I'm not going to respond. "Well, if you're not going to talk to me and you're not going to drop the Ryder thing, then do the sensible thing. Apologize."

"You forget about the part that I have no idea where he lives and he probably will never talk to me ever again." I glare at him.

"Ask Roman." Mitchell answers in a duh tone. "If you tell him you want to apologize, then maybe he'll tell you."

"Maybe?" I scrunch my nose. "That doesn't sound very confident coming from you."

"Hey," Mitchell says, playfully nudging me. "You gotta risk it to get the biscuit."

He's right. If I just sit here moping around, nothing is going to change. I stand up, grabbing my phone. I unlock it and look through my contacts, finding Roman's name.

He answers in the second ring. "Hey, Roman, are you busy?"

"Not particularly, no," Roman sighs. "Ryder, what do you want?"

I bite my lip, glancing at Mitchell, who gives me a thumbs up. "Look, I know you probably hate me right now, but I want to talk to him." Roman doesn't respond and I plead, "Five minutes. Please?"

Roman groans. "Fine. I'll pick you up."

"Thanks," I beam.