"I am here Diya" his voice broke as he sat next to me whispering continuously to not close my eyes

"Who shoots her?" Advik's roar was the last thing I heard and Arjun's smiling face was the last image I saw before closing my eyes.

.

.

.

Author pov

"Drive fast" Advik ordered one of their bodyguards as his fear of losing diya is eating him quickly and the unconscious Diya on his shoulder clenched his heart.

The protectiveness oath he took on her has been shattered when he let someone harm her, his heart cried seeing her lifeless with blood flowing nonstop from her shoulder just above her chest.

Taking her hand he pressed hard above her injured area to control the blood loss, "Sir, shall I inform Arjun sir?"

His heart stopped beating after hearing his brother's name, his promise to protect his wife is on trash now.

"I will talk to him" after reaching the hospital they took Diya to ICU with sweating hands Advik dialed Arjun with fear and defeat.

"What now?" he asked calmly, Advik cried in not knowing what to answer his brother, "Diya..." he can't speak more, words failed to come out of his mouth.

Arjun continued, "I know she was near you" Advik shook his head, "Bhai Diya has been shoot" Arjun didn't uttered a word, "come again"

"She is in ICU" and Advik heard a beep sound from another end.

He can't imagine what is running in his brother's mind, all he could think now is Diya and negative thoughts about her, what if something happened to her?

'Can they save her?' he sat on the floor holding his head. 

Their guards informed Dev and the whole family gathered around Advik to know what happened to her except his parents and Yaashvi.

They both stood near the ICU looking at the beautiful soul lying lifeless.

"Leave him alone," his grandpa said to his family looking at the wrecked Advik who was afraid to face his family, his brother, and Diya.

What will he answer when she asked him why did he let her carelessly?

He doesn't know what he has to answer to his brother.

Again he failed to fortify Diya.

No one spoke for the next three hours except the silent prayers and tears of the family.

Arjun's bodyguards never let the doctors communicate with the family. 

Diya is still in the operation theatre, no one out there knows what is happening with her, getting angry with their silence Dev loses his control, "I need to know her status. Right. Now"

Taking a deep breath the doctor told her condition, "bullet pierced her body just an inch away from her heart and the blood loss is too much to continue the treatment immediately. We are waiting for the heart surgeon as it's a risky operation"

"still now you haven't started treatment keeping her in such a critical condition don't your hospital have a heart surgeon?" Yaashvi shouted with tears rolling down her cheeks, "it's not a multinational hospital mam"

"Let me arrange a cardiologist..." doctor stopped Dev, "no sir Arjun sir arranged it, the doctor will be here any minute"

A few minutes later after the arrival of the Cardiologist, the treatment has been started while the family refused to move from the place.