2. a date

~{•>•<•}~
adrien's pov

After fencing practice ended Kagami came up to me.
"Hey Adrien,"
"Hey Kagami," I waved with a sweet smile before closing my locker door.

I looked at her but, she looked a little different then usual. Maybe nervous?

"I was wondering if you wanted to hang out today?" Kagami asked now wearing her usual expression.

"Sure that sounds fun, let me just text Gorilla," I said taking out my phone and texting him while we left the building.

"Where did you want to go?" I asked looking up at her.

"Let's go to the park."

I got in the car with Kagami and we were dropped off by the park. First we went to a sandwich place near the park for lunch.

I had suggested Marinette's bakery but she said she didn't want to go there today. I know they're friends. I see them together in an instagram post. I shrugged it off because she probably just wanted something savory.

After we got are sandwiches we sat down on a bench near a wall and started talking about, well anything.

I always enjoyed Kagami's company but I could never really be myself around her. But I didn't mind, that's how it usually is in the life of Adrien Agrese.

"Nino said it was all fair game but I know he said that because he cheated," I said before the two of us started laughing.
I was about to say something else before she spoke up.

"Adrien."

"Yes?"

"Will you be my boyfriend?"

I didn't know what to do. I looked down into my bag but Plagg was asleep. I like her but not in that way. But I don't want to hurt her feelings and get her akumatized!

"Kagami I-"

Thud.

Both of us looked over to see Marinette trying to get up and dust her legs off.

"Oh no Mari!" Kagami gasped.

We ran over as fast as we could but by then she was already collecting her things to go.

"Marinette!" I said. She didn't look up but just gave me a wave and a nod before running off.

I tried to follow her before Kagami pulled me back.

"We have to go, she might be hurt!" I said slightly louder than intended.

"No. Leave her alone."

"What? No we have too-" I saw Kagami's face and I stopped. She knew something. Something I didn't.
"Ok."

We heading back over to the bench we where sitting on but my thoughts kept staying to the expression on Kagami's face. It was like guilt, sadness, and pity all rolled into one. But why?

"Adrien!" Kagami shouted.

"Yes?" I asked confused on why she shouted.

"I've been calling you name!" She stated.

"Oh *haha* sorry," I said with a guilty smile as I rubbed the back of my neck.

"So, um- do you want to be my boyfriend?" Kagami said. Her face was red and she made direct eye contact with me.

I don't want to make her feel bad. But I don't think of her that way. I love Ladybug. I can't date a girl I don't love.

"I-I Can I think about it?" I asked.

She looked disappointed and relieved for some reason. Maybe because I didn't say no. Then I got a call from Natalie.

"One sec," I said putting a finger up.

"Adrien you are to return home now. We sent Gorilla to pick you up. Your father wishes to see you."

I opened my mouth to say something but shut it as soon as Natalie ended the call.

"Sorry I have to go but, d-do you mind if I think about it?" I asked shyly.

"Yes that's fine," She smiled.

Just then Gorilla pulled up, so I waved and departed. It was a silent ride home which left me to my thoughts.

Marinette. Was she ok? Why did Kagami look guilty? What do I do about Kagami? Should I say no?

Soon enough, we were at my house and I got out of the car. Natalie met me at the door and escorted me to my father's quarters.

"Hello Adrien," My father said not looking up from his tablet.
"Hello father, what was it you needed to speak to me for?" I asked.

"There is a fashion gala coming up this month and you'll be needing a date. Preferably someone of a social standard." He said still facing his tablet.

A date?

"Why can't I go alone like I used to?" I asked.

"Your getting older Adrien, and with age comes having a partner for galas such as this. You could go with Chloe or Kagami, both have a major social standings," Father finally looked at me and I felt me stomach twist.

I don't want to go with anyone. I could ask Kagami but I don't want her to get the wrong idea about my feelings. And I'm not going with Chloe.

"Yes father," I quietly exited and headed towards my room. Once inside Plagg flew out of my bag.

"Well Casanova which girl are you going to take?" Plagg asked throwing a piece of camembert into his mouth.

"I-I don't know," I mumbled before laying face first onto my bed.

"Maybe I should just except Kagami." I said rolling to face my ceiling.

"Sure if you like her. I mean you could ask for Ladybugs advice," Plagg said flying in front of my face.
My eyes lit up.

"Your right! I have patrol in 1 hour and then I can ask m'lady!" I sighed.

I turned towards my bag and pulled out my homework before patrol. Soon 1 hour passed and I could meet up with her.

"Plagg Claws Out!" I said as Plagg got sucked into my ring.