Chapter 8

Seth's Pov

I came home late in the afternoon.. It was getting dark outside. I opened with the keys and the living room was empty.. The house was quiet.. I was afraid something had happened, so I started looking for Avery and Becky. In the kitchen, in the bathroom in Avery's room.. I was about to call Becky when I walked into my room and saw something I didn't expect..

Avery and Becky had fallen asleep in my bed in each other's arms. Unconsciously I smiled. Becky held Avery protectingly in her arms. Something Brie had never done.. I got out of my bedroom noiselessly and closed the door behind me. I went down to the living room and decided to cook something to thank Becky for all she had done for me.

I still can't believe how professional she's been and how much she's been paying attention to Avery, even though I treated her badly at school. The truth is, Sasha and Becky were doing pretty well. They weren't friends but my sister was always protecting the weak and always yelling at me about the way I treated her. I walked into the kitchen and started cooking.. I was committed to what I did...

"Mmmm something smells really good in here," Becky said.. I looked at her over my shoulder and chuckled.

"Are you awake?"I asked her, and she nodded.. She went into the kitchen and sat down on the bench.. she wasn't wearing her high heels.

"Yes.. Avery's still asleep.. I'm sorry we slept in your bed, " she said, and rubbed her eyes a little.

"Never mind all right. Did she tired you?"I asked her while I was cutting vegetables

"Not at all.. we all had fun.."she told me

"That's good.. she is slowly recovering from the loss of her mother," I told her...

"Yes.. slowly she will learn to live without her mother.. But she has you, and I see you are trying hard enough," she said, and I smiled.

"Yes, that's true.. I'm really trying to do the best for her," I told her.. for some minutes silence prevailed.. I put the pasta sauce on the boil..

"Seth, Can we talk a little?"she asked me and I nod

"Of course something is the matter?"I asked her and she nod

"Yes, something is going on and I want to talk about it," she said, and got off the kitchen bench.

"All right, let's go sit on the couch," I said, and she nodded.. We proceeded to the drawing-room and sat down.

"Before you tell me anything I really want to thank you for what you are doing both for me and for Avery. "I said to her, and she smiled lightly .

"No need. I don't do anything more than my job" she said, a little shyly.. Her appearance might have changed and she had become an impressive woman but she remained a shy little girl and that made her more charming

"Really, Becky, I think you came at the most opportune moment.. This change is not easy for anyone. I must learn to take care of a child, Avery must learn to live without her mother.. 'If I didn't have Bree by my side, I don't know what I'd do" I told her.

"If you hadn't had Brie you might not have needed me," she commented, and I looked at her.

"What do you mean by that?"I asked her rather nervously.

"Did you ever think that Avery isn't like that just because her mother died?"she asked and took me by surprise.. I thought about it a few minutes.

"No. what else could have influenced her so much?"I asked her curiously.

"Your fiancee's attitude towards her," she said, and I looked at her.

"I don't understand," I said, confused.

"Bree, you're not here, treats Avery like shit" she said.. for a few minutes I was shocked and then I laughed

"What are you talking about, Becky? Brie loves Avery" I said.

"Brie hates Avery.. She knows that now Avery is your priority, and she can't stand it.. We may have changed after school, but she didn't. She wants to have your full attention and she can't tolerate what your sister's daughter has now. That's she is not the focus of your attention, " she said.. and I started getting angry.

"You talk bullshit, Becky.. Brie loves Avery very much.. okay, she may sometimes grumble that I'm neglecting her a little bit about Avery, but she understands.. she loves her too. Avery is the one she doesn't want her," I said, and she shook her head in dismay..

"Open your eyes and see clearly, Seth. The only reason Avery doesn't want Brie is because Brie talks to her and treats her badly.. She's so self-absorbed that she doesn't hesitate to treat a child badly. There's no change at all.. She's still the same mean, complex bitch she was in school. The sooner you see it, the sooner Avery will find her smile," she said.. I lost my temper.

"I think you say all this because you are jealous," I said, and she looked at me.. She chuckled.

"What am I jealous of?"she asked me ironically

"Brie. "I answered her .

"What exactly can I be jealous of Brie? that she works as a secretary? that she's been working on her nails and her hair all day? Because I studied psychology and I've already had a career.. "she answered me..

"You're jealous that I'm still with her because you never got over me. You're trying to break up my relationship so you can make your move. Because you're still in love with me," I told her.. she rolled her eyes and rose from the sofa.

"If that's what you think, Seth, you're wrong.. I don't care about you at all. yes, humiliating me the way you did it was a motivation for me to change to be stronger, but in all these years I haven't even thought about you once.. And I don't care about you.. The child's mental health is what interests me.. And while Brie is around Avery's mental health is ruined and you'll know when it's too late for anyone to be able to help you," she said, putting on her high heels.

"I don't want you near Avery again.. I'll find another psychologist for my niece," I told her.

"As you think.. I don't want to see you again either because you haven't changed at all.. you're still an egoist who thinks it's all about him.. Just like Brie, and I'm very, very lucky that I didn't have anything to do with you after all," she said, and went away nervously slamming the door behind her..

I settled myself better on the sofa and puffed.. I closed my eyes and took a few breaths.. I opened my eyes when I felt a cuddle.. I turned and looked at Avery.

"Are you awake, my princess?"I asked her, smiling.

"Yes, uncle.. Uncle, where's Becky?"she asked me and I felt strange

"Becky, princess is in her house," I said, and I took her in my arms.

"Without saying bye?"she asked and looked at me .

"She told you.. she came in the room, covered you up, left a kiss in your hair and left. she didn't want to wake you," I told her, I didn't want to upset her. Not tonight,

"I had a good time with her.. we all played together with uncle Roman, Aunt Charlotte, Becky.. we were playing hide and seek.. we painted, we cooked.."she said cheerfully. For the first time in a long time Avery was smiling and she was cheerful..Becky had a great influence over her, but she was never  see her again.

"I am glad, Princess.. So what do you say? let's go take a bath, put on pajamas, eat and play until it's time to go to bed?"I said, smiling, and she nodded..

I took her in my arms and we headed for the bathroom.. Only a few days had passed, and Avery seemed to have become very much attached to Becky.. But that had to stop. Becky would try to influence Avery and turn her against Brie. And that shouldn't have happened.

Hey hey hey.. I know I know i haven't update this on ages. I had a writers block and I was focusing on my other books but. Here we are again! So what you thing gonna happen next?If you liked it. vote and comment below. Until the next chapter kisses. XOXO!