A Talent For Finding Talent

It was raining today, so Theo as per usual on these days asked y/n to stay home.
He did value her input though, she could tell when compositions, colors, and subject matter all worked harmoniously together!

Theo was doing a great job to train her eye to these things, but what could she to do when he left her home for the day?
Y/n thoughts wondered back to her time, she didn't talk about it much with anyone, but Theo knew the bits and pieces that she would tell him.

Y/n thought about her high school years, she loved singing more than anything, although her new job was just as fascinating.
She walked around the mansion as her thoughts wondered, they stopped once y/n came to a stop herself at Theo's door.

She smiled and opened it, she looked around at the paintings on the wall and thought about a song that could convey exactly what these paintings said to her.
She sat on Theo's bed and started to hum to herself.

As she lost herself in her thoughts, the rain came to a stop, and there were footsteps outside the door.
Y/n's humming ceased and she started singing, never once taking her eyes off the Starry Night Theo had on the wall :

You spoke a word, life began
Told oceans where to start and where to end
You set in motion time and space,
But still you come,
And you call to me by name,
But still you come,
and you call to me by name,
If you can hold the stars in place,
you can hold my heart the same,
Whenever I fall away,
Whenever I start to break,
So here I am,
Lifting up my heart,
To the one who holds the stars.

Theo couldn't believe his ears, his hondje turned yipping and barking in that lovely tone of hers into a melody.
Theo knew he had an eye for art.
But maybe he had the ears for it too!
He quickly opened his door and said : "Hondje, since you can sing, I was thinking of adding a bit of live music in the entrance to the gallery we have next week, what do you say?"

"Theo, you heared that?"

"Yes, of course knabbeltje, you'll sing and bring in more of a crowd, then the melody can set the mood before they look at the artwork we've displayed"

"But I've never sung infront of people before"

Theo sat on the bed beside her, he looked at the starry night painting that his brother painted.
"What was the name of that song you where singing hondje?"

Y/n looked at Theo and mumbled "It's a song called stars by a group from my time, I just thought that the song said the words that the painting wanted to say"

Theo smiled "I thought so too, from what I've heared, you have a talent, don't waste it liefde, I want all art to be appreciated, even yours"

Y/n cheeks turned to a pink hue as Theo spoke some more.
"You showcased you singing skills, but have you written any songs too?"

Y/n calmed her nerves and said "Yes, but no one's ever heared them, I only write and preform them for myself"

Theo could tell she still seemed a bit nervous, so he carefully put his hand on her head and gently pet her "good hondje, no need to be nervous, you have skill and talent so own it, because someone like me doesn't have a fraction of what you have, so at least I can ask for you share it with the world."

"Theo, thank you" was all that managed to come out from the whirlwind of words swirling through her mind.

Theo smirked and said "And don't be worried about haters y/n, a klootzak is never any good at judging art anyways, and yours is priceless, take it from an art dealer professional, so bark once for yes hondje, you'll showcase your talent and everyone will like it, even you"

Y/n remembered the first time he said that to her, it was to make her his assistant, the fond memory made her smile, and since he decided to say those magic words again, she had no choice but to agree.

"Ok! I'll do it" exclaimed y/n
But a fun thought crossed her mind as she though of an idea.
She playfully pushed him over, further onto his bed and towered over him, "Theo, be my assistant for singing, train your ears like you're eyes, bark once for yes, because you don't have a choice in the matter"

Theo laughed "is my hondje really bossing me around? What a feisty thing, I guess you like the idea, so yes hondje, I'll help you, how could I say no to you"

Y/n smiled
Times like this with Theo makes y/n the happiest, he just always seems to know what to say and what to do.

Theo is quite strong so he doesn't stay down for long he quickly got up and hugged y/n really close.
He isn't always great at saying it, but he's hoping that the warmth and proximity tells her what he wants to say but he did manage to say the important part "love you hondje, no one makes me fulfilled like you y/n".
Y/n smiled "I love you too Theo"