Chapter Ten: Death.

As we know John Rolfe owned the Tobacco business and had ships going back and forth from England to Virginia on a regular basis. So Pocahontas begged to go home just for as visit, and the better she got at English the more they feared she would spill the lies about what the colonizers actually did. In 1617 when their son was two years old they set sail to Virginia. But not long after they started the voyage Pocahontas fell ill and died on the boat, some believing it was a sickness the english had built immunity to, but many believing they had purpously done it. After she died, they turned the ship back around and returned to England. Pocahontas was buried in St. George's Church in Gravesend. Instead of Rolfe giving her the best funeral he gave her a burial in an unmarked grave, their son, thomas, was sick with the same illness that killed his mother. Instead of helping him back to health and showing him how to cope with his mother's death, he left him with a random dude and was clear that he wanted nothing to do with his son. Because he probably knew Thomas wasn't his biological son and had no love towards him at all.

That is the tragic story of Pocahontas, who wanted nothing more to go back to her family. The next time you watch that movie you can be mad about the lies but don't be sad about her life, instead remember her and continue to tell her real story. She will not be forgotten. Pocahontas is one of the many Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women (MMIW), infact, probably closae to being on of the first.