“It shouldn’t hurt too bad, you’re not even to the hard challenges yet, there are four challenges that get progressively worse and if you don’t do them you will die, I cannot stop Mufiti,” Nahi said. A shiver ran up my spine and I decided now was the time to go.

I put one foot in front of the other and started to make my way through the maze, one step at a time. The first form of pain I felt was in my feet. Little thumb tacks were sticking up from the ground and impaling my feet with every step I took. I winced as I tried to walk across the tacks as fast as I could. I knew my feet were dripping blood when I finally got past the tack section and hoped that was the most pain I would have to deal with but I knew it wasn’t.

My feet stung as I walked straight then slammed into a wall. I knew that was my cue to turn but I didn’t know if I should go left or right. “Whichever way you turn will bring you out in the end no matter what but one will bring you more pain than the other,” Nahi’s soft voice cooed to me and I spun around until I was facing one way.

I picked left so I turned left and went on my way. I noticed the walls were getting smaller and smaller as I walked down the maze. They were starting to squish me and I was having trouble breathing in such a small area. My chest felt tight and my lungs were staring to hurt.

The walls moved closer and closer squeezing me tighter and tighter. I felt like a balloon ready to pop and almost collapsed from lack of oxygen when the walls started moving back to normal again.

I took deep gulps of air and started choking and coughing when I got out of the shrinking walls. I collapsed on the ground and panted as my chest re expanded and my lungs filled with air once again. “Good job Clara, there’s only one more part of the maze left,” Nahi said and I slowly got up again.

There was another turn and I decided to go right this time, “Wrong choice Clara but you can’t turn back now,” he said and I turned and felt a wall behind me now. I reached in pajama pants pocket and pulled out the matches lighting one. It was just a dark room and I looked around to see that the walls and floor were plain black. I was confused and didn’t know why this was the wrong choice.

After I am done with this tutorial your challenge will begin. You will have to run through the obstacle course without stopping. If you stop you will get a shock that will just increase your pain. Now you may begin,” Nahi said and a huge flame burst out in front of me making me jump back a few inches.

“Time to run through those flames,” Nahi said and I felt a shock under my feet that made me jump once again and I knew this obstacle would be very painful. I braced myself for the flame and started sprinting through the flame as fast as I could.

Pain ripped through my body and I closed my eyes because my eyes were starting to dry out and burn from the heat of the flames. My muscles cried in agony as I pushed myself to run faster but I was getting tired out quick. I could feel myself burning alive and I knew that I was on fire.

I screamed in agony as I kept running. My skin was on fire and I just wanted to collapse in the fire and let it burn me alive but I kept pushing hoping that this would be over soon. I couldn’t open my eyes so once again I was left in the dark as I performed this task.

Suddenly I hit a wall and fell to the ground. I rolled back and forth putting the flames out like they thought us how to in elementary School when the firemen came in telling us to stop, drop, and roll to put the fire out.

My whole body felt like I got an extreme sun burn and when I opened my eyes I saw that my clothes had holes burnt in them and some parts of my body were a little charred and hurt more than others. I knew I had third degree burns in some places like my legs and arms.