"That's it. Go to isolation, Mollie." She pointed towards the door, glaring at the girl.

"Whatever." Mollie replied bluntly, getting up from her seat and walking towards the door without another word. At this point, isolation actually sounded like a much better option than having to sit across from Alya's smirking face.

✰ ✰ ✰

𝐌𝐎𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐎𝐎 𝐁𝐔𝐒𝐘 𝐃𝐎𝐎𝐃𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐎𝐍 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐎 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐈𝐂𝐄 someone else enter the room and sit in the isolation booth next to her. But when they cleared their throat, she looked up and couldn't help the soft smile that formed on her face.

"Hey, Riz. What you doing here?"

He scratched the back of his neck. "Forgot my homework."

"You? Forgot your homework? Give over." Mollie chuckled, narrowing her eyes at him in disbelief. "What's the real reason?"

"Alright fine. I told Miss that I didn't do my homework, but really I wanted to come and make sure you're alright." He admitted with a half smile, causing Mollie to blush slightly.

"Really?"

"Yeah." He nodded. "You've had a rough few weeks and the last thing you needed was my sister making things worse. I'm sorry for what she said."

"You heard?"

"Nas told me. It was way out of order and, like I said, I'm sorry." He said with a genuine tone.

"You don't have to say sorry, Riz. She's her own person, and you shouldn't have to apologise for that." She shrugged, putting down the pen she'd been fiddling with and looking up at him. "She can be a proper bitch though."

Riz let out a laugh. "You should try living with her."

"I'll pass." Mollie replied, scrunching up her face at the very idea. Her and Alya didn't exactly see eye to eye, and she couldn't help but think that living together would probably end in some sort of casualty.

Riz chuckled, before nudging Mollie's foot gently with his own. "Look, forget Alya. I mainly wanted to see how you are. You haven't been in school for a while, and I guess I kind of missed you."

"Oh really?" She quirked an eyebrow at him with a smirk, causing him to roll his eyes at her. "I'm...okay." She spoke tentatively and quietly, though she could tell by the look on his face that he didn't believe her. She sighed and opened her mouth, weirdly not afraid to be honest with him. "It's been rough, I guess. One minute I thought I had everything, and then the next it all came crashing down. And then I had nothing. It sounds dramatic but it felt like my world was falling apart."

"It doesn't sound dramatic at all." He reassured her. "You were hurt, and I think anyone in that situation would feel the same."

"I guess. I just hate feeling weak, you know? I mean, everyone now sees me as the girl who's boyfriend knocked up her brother's girlfriend. I feel like a complete mug."

"You're not a mug, Mol." He shook his head. "And yeah, everyone talks. Today it's about you, tomorrow it'll be about someone else and next week it'll be forgotten completely, that's just how high school works. It's easier said than done, but you've gotta stop being so hard on yourself. No one's life is perfect, and you're not a mug."

"You really think so?" She bit her lip and looked up at him with a hopeful expression.

"I promise." He said reassuringly with a nod.

"Pinky promise?" She asked, holding her finger out in front of him. He rolled his eyes at first, but couldn't help a soft smile from forming on his lips and he wrapped his finger around hers and shook it playfully.

"I pinky promise." He said, the two breaking out into laughter at the childish gesture. When they stopped laughing, Mollie looked to him with a smile.

"Thanks, Riz. I had no idea I needed this, but you've actually made me feel a lot better."

"S'alright. Like I said, I wanted to make sure you were alright." He replied with a coy smile and a small shrug of his shoulders. "Although I won't lie, I was half expecting to have to talk you out of starting a fight on my sister after school. Especially after you got punched by...what was it...a Year 7?"

Mollie rolled her eyes immediately as she reached out to push his shoulder lightly. "I'm never gonna hear the end of that, am I?"

"Nope." He replied cheerily with a smirk, causing Mollie to slump back into her seat with a huff.

"I hate you."

"You tell yourself that." He laughed, causing a pout to appear on Mollie's face. Although it didn't last long as she, too, broke out into a smile and let out a laugh. A comfortable silence fell between the two as Mollie began fiddling with the pen on her desk again. Riz could tell that she still had a lot on her mind, but he was glad that he'd been able to bring a smile to her face even if it was just momentarily.

✰ ✰ ✰
said it once and I'll say it again
I'm in love with Riz Nawaz. that's all.
hope ya enjoyed!!