24 |The Identity That's Unknown|

Start from the beginning

"Dad."

She walked over to him and hugged him, placing a kiss on his cheek.

"I was just showing Soham your baby pictures." He patted Soham's back and moved on to telling him about the next picture. "And this is Sanyukta in the bath tub. She was so cute. She was 9 months here."

"Dad!" Sanyukta took the album from him in embarrassment while she blushed.

"What? You were a baby beta."

"That doesn't matter, this is private and he can't see it. I was naked dad."

Soham chuckled quietly, turning his head away.

"Don't mind her, she is a drama queen. Because of this she won four awards in her school's acting competition," Rajveer whispered to Soham.

"I will show you other pictures, like pictures of my mom."

Sanyukta ran to her dad's room up the hall in excitement. She finally mustered up the courage to go through her mother's album without getting emotional just by the thought.

She entered the room and started to search for the album amongst the pile of books on the bookshelf.

Moving her mother's favorite novel, a file fell from in between it and a cookbook and landed on the ground.

"What's this?" she asked herself kneeling down to take it up.

With it in her hands, she opened it and read what was inside.

The ground slipped from under her feet, sallowing her up and her heart broke into pieces seeing what was written.

Her body went numb, her hands now shaking and tears building up in her eyes.

Sanyukta had no words. She didn't know what to think and what to feel. The life that she was living was a lie and the fact her dad hid this from her broke her.

Storming out of the room and back to the living room, she threw the file in his lap shocking both him and Soham.

"Why didn't you tell me!" she yelled, trying not to break again in front of Soham.

Rajveer's body went cold as he saw the file in which he was trying to hide from her for years in his hands and his daughter in tears standing before him.

"I can explain-"

"No dad! Tell me why! Why did you hide this from me for so long!"

"Sanyukta calm down, what happened and why are you shouting on dad?" Soham spoke holding her shoulders trying to calm her down.

"Calm down? How?" She pushed his hands away and stood directly in front of her dad with tears now running down her cheeks like a river.

"I wanted to tell you princess."

"Then why didn't you say something before? Why didn't you tell me that mom couldn't conceive?" Rajveer bit his lip, reaching for her shoulders but she stepped back. "Whose child I am?"

Soham stood there in shock upon hearing what Sanyukta said. She has been broken and depressed by the demise of her mother only to now find out that she wasn't her biological mother.

He has seen her cry whenever she was alone, hugging her photo frame and stay there for hours.

And now she is finding out that she was crying for the wrong woman. It hurt him as much as it hurt her.

No, not the wrong woman. Antara was never the wrong woman.

There is and never should be a difference between blood relations and love relations.

She is as much of Sanyukta's mother as her biological one.

Despite her not being Sanyukta's biological mother, it shouldn't make a difference at all as the love that she showered on her all those years didn't feel as if she wasn't showering it on her own flesh and blood.

Antara will and always be her mom and Sanyukta knew that very well, nothing in the world could stop her heart that was beating for woman who nurtured her.

And as for Rajveer, he was the soul that made her feel alive even when the lifelessness overpowers her when she's down. Sanyukta loves him to the moon and back and always will.

However, she was hurt at the fact that he hid such a huge truth from her
The truth about herself, her identity. She wouldn't have loved him any less if he told her, then why did he hide such a thing?

"Tell me dad," she asked softly, looking at her father.

"You are my friend's daughter. When you were born he gave me to you as his business was going into losses and the people whom he owed money were after him and his wife.

They didn't want to leave you in an orphanage so they gave you to me. Antara and I officially adopted you and not once did we ever let you feel that you weren't ours."

"The fact that you hid this from me for 27 years is the problem. Dad I love you and mom more than myself. I could even DIE for you but not once did you ever tell me that I wasn't yours. Why?"

"It's not as easy as you think it is to tell someone that they are adopted, Sanyukta. Every day it crosses my mind that if I tell you, you'll love less and I don't want that. You are everything to me Sanyukta and losing your love will break me on the inside."

"Dad I wouldn't have loved you any less. You are MY dad. I might be someone else's flesh and blood but I am YOUR daughter, always."

She felt betrayed, deceived and hurt.

The people whom she called mom and dad for all the years of her life lied to her, to her face.

She knew they gave her everything, spoiled her, gave her immense love but knowing that she wasn't their child, their blood and that their relationship was built off of a lie, pained her.

All she wanted was her to be told the truth.

Falling to the ground, Sanyukta broke into tears. Tears of pain, tears of hurt.

All of her childhood memories played back in her mind one by one causing her to hold her head.

Soham wanted to comfort her but Rajveer stopped him.

"It would be better if you leave her alone."

"You lied to me dad, you lied to me. You lied to your princess. You lied." she said softly, sobbing into her hands as she held her legs close to her, leaning against the couch.

Rajveer left the room in tears, trying to figure out a way to face her when she calms down. He never wanted her to find out like this, never.

Soham looked down on her and bit his lip, fighting with himself whether or not he should comfort her or let her stay and calm down.

His heart wanted to go and comfort her but his mind wanted to let her calm down first.

Sighing, he gave in and chose to listen to his heart.

For the first time in his 27 years of life, he was going listen to his heart and do something on his own.

Sitting down beside of her, he pulled her into his warm embrace and without hesitation she hugged him tightly, crying into his shirt with pain gripping her body.

He held her protectively, rubbing her back slowly with care.

"I am here for you, don't cry."

Hi guys I hope you liked this part. Remember to vote and comment.😉
What do you think of the twist?

5454tiffany