Norbert the Norwegian Ridgeback

Oh my GOD it's been THREE YEARS WHAT THE FUCK just go read enjoy I'll talk and whatever at the end. Ooh I'm nervous I hope you guys still like it.

Oh, and remember kids, we support Harry Potter, but we do not support J.K. Rowling!

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter or any of the characters and this is not a way for me to criticize the books. It's just how I believe the characters would react if they read the Harry Potter books.

In This Chapter: The Trio and a friend read about the time they were preparing for their end of year exams, but get distracted by Hagrid having a dragon egg. After Ron receives a nasty bite, they convince Hagrid that it's best if baby dragon, Norbert, is with his own kind in Romania. Getting help from Ron's older brother, Charlie, they successfully smuggle the dragon out of Hogwarts... only they forgot something important in the process.

Chapter 14

"Oh God," Ron yawned. He was laying face down on his covers, ears ringing with the words of the last chapter. "I'm so... damn tired of this."

"I beg you don't say that before we read every chapter," Hermione said, legs tucked under her beside Ron on his bed. It was just the three of them, Harry, Ron, and Hermione, as usual. They enjoyed that. When they weren't reading in class or forced to read in groups with enemies, strangers, and everything in between, they read just the three of them. It was better than reading alone, for the support, but also good to be with the people they felt the most comfortable with. And sometimes it could even be fun, laughing at themselves and what they did at such a young age without feeling watched or judged by others.

"At least for this book there's not much more," Hermione continued.

"Still quite a chunk there," Harry said. He was twirling his wand in his hand, laying on his back on his own bed. "What else happens this year besides going down the trapdoor? Anything big?"

"Hmm. Well there was the dragon," Hermione reminded him.

"Oh! Oh yeah, Norbert. I nearly forgot about that," Harry said.

"You nearly forgot? I guess you would, you didn't nearly get your hand chomped off." Ron said.

"Don't be so dramatic, Ron, you're perfectly fine." Hermione said, flipping the page. "Shall I begin?"

Ron and Harry gave lazy hand gestures to signal for her to go on. She cleared her throat and was about to begin when the door opened.

"Sorry, sorry," Neville said, awkwardly coming in. "Sorry, I'll just be a minute."

Hermione watched him as he went to his part of the room and searched around until he found his notes. And then a thought occurred to her. "Oh! Neville, have you, by chance, read chapter fourteen yet?"

Neville, caught off guard, hesitated to answer. "Uh, no."

Harry and Ron also thought this was an odd question and each glanced at Hermione. She noticed, but ignored them to say, "Would you be open to reading it with us?"

Now Harry and Ron were shocked. Only for the reason that they usually liked to keep their reading group to just the three of them.

Neville, on the other hand, didn't know what to think. It felt like not even a week ago, no one really wanted to be around him. Not in a mean way, he just wasn't anyone's favorite. Now, he realized, he had options for who he could read his chapters with. "Um... er... Well I was maybe gonna read it with Seamus and Dean, though, to be fair, neither of them confirmed that..."