Hope

.

Today was a really exhausting yet one of the best days of my life. I had my graduation ceremony and then a small party with a few really close friends. Being really tired, I thought to take a stroll around the park. It was an absolutely stunning night. As I walked around barefoot on the wet grass,  I began to notice the people around me. There was an elderly couple sitting on the nearby bench while holding hands, there are few kids are jumping and running around the fountain nearby, few people have come for a walk, and there is a small group of middle-aged women somewhere on the other side chatting loudly. I just looked down and continued walking when I heard my friend, Mariam, shouting my name.''ANABIAAAAAAA, why are you walking all alone. I am joining you too". 

Mariam, one of the most optimistic, crazy yet a really kind person. We have been friends for more than 5 years now. Within a few seconds, she was standing next to me with her beaming smile "Why are you walking all alone here".  

"Nothing much Mariam, I was just tired so I thought about just walking around the park".

"So did you enjoy the graduation ceremony today"

"Obviously I did. It's one of the best days of my life"

"That's great!So what's your plan for the future now"

"Haven't thought much about it yet but I just wanna continue with my studies and make my parents proud one day"

"You surely will. After all, you have got the top grades"

"I just try not to miss any opportunity that life gives me now"

"Ahhhhh, arent you tired of walking past so long. Let's lie down somewhere"

After finding a good dry spot to lie down, we both lay down in silence for a few minutes under the starry sky. The stars looked like scattered moondust. Thousands of thoughts crossed my mind as I lay down there. The sky, the stars, the silence- it gave me hopes for a brighter future and endless opportunities but as much as I tried thinking about the past, the same question came to my mind like every night 

What was my fault