Kabanata 3

Kabanata 3
Flight of the Stars

It was weird enough for me that I intiated a kiss with Noah. Kasi bakit? Anong iniisip ko?

But you know what is way weirder than that? Noah kissing me back.

For a brief moment after I kissed him, I actually thought he was gonna push me away but he didn't.

He actually kissed me back.

And I haven't really wrapped my mind around the idea of why I pulled him in. But my mind was in total disarray right now. There was too much question waiting to fire at me. There's just too much and I knew I couldn't handle it.

Why in the heavens did I kiss him?  Kaya ba nag-toothbrush ako agad?? Kasi I was unconsciously planning to do it?

Was I that drunk?

....Or was it because I actually wanted to kiss him?

All the thoughts in my mind got washed away the moment his hand cupped my face as he deepen the kiss we share. Hindi ko alam ang gagawin. I mean... I've never really kissed anyone.

Not even once.

But with the way Noah's lips is guiding me..it was as if it's not my first time kissing him. The way our lips moved together felt like the first ime and also like I've kissed this lips a thousand times all at the same time.

He's such a good kisser.. It's so obvious this isn't the first time Noah has kissed someone.

My heart ached a bit with the realization.

Why am I even surprised? I mean, look at him, he's obviously got so much experience at this part. Maybe way more than kissing pa nga ang experience niya. And I surely got none.

My lips gave in and finally welcomed his tongue inside. His tongue skillfully crafted mine as it swirled inside and instantly, my body felt like jelly.

I couldn't take it anymore so my hands finally reached out for him even more, closing the space between us all while his hands travelled to just around my waist, just resting there but enough to make me crazy.

Even with my eyes closed, my mind can imagine the position we're in. Lalagnatin yata ako.

My whole body felt like it was on literal fire and I can't help it but give in to the unholy desire I'm feeling right now. I wanted to ask Noah what exactly we are doing but he beat me to it.

"What are we doing?" He whispered in between the kisses he gave my already-blushing-cheek. My skin feels too hot right now that I can feel the coldness of his breath against my skin.

I didn't know the answer. Ano nga ba? So I tried dodging Noah's question by pulling him close again instead of answering.

But he gently pushed me away.

"Maria.." he softly whispered.

And just like Icarus who flew close to the sun, my wings finally melted and fell. This fake bravery got the best of me and it made me ruin the friendship I badly wanted to protect.

"What's this?" Malumanay na tanong niya muli sa akin. His voice sounded too soft, too caring, and too much for me.  I didn't want to answer. Because I just know how my voice would shake if I say anything. But more importantly, hindi ko alam ang isasagot.

"I'm.."  I started, trying my best to find the right words. But I found none. I looked up and met Noah's eyes. His eyes were obviously full of questions. Halatang naguguluhan rin sa kung ano ang nangyari.