Chapter One

"SIRENA! IT'S HERE!" I hear my mother yelling from downstairs. 

"What's here?" I ask as I calmly make my way to her.

"Your letter from Hogwarts," she says handing it to me.

I take the envelope from her and read the handwriting on it. Sirena Black with my address on it. I turn it over to see it sealed with wax with the schools crest on it. I look at my mother, she stares at me. She has been dreading this day since the day I was born and I know why. Because of him. My father. Sirius Black. She knows what everyone will think when they find out who he is to me. I'm not scared, but she is. My mother, she's a muggle. I'm half and half. She was hoping that I would never get this letter. She was hoping I would never become like him. But I am a witch apparently. I open the envelope to read the letter that tells me everything that I need to know about going to school. 

"We will go soon to get your supplies," my mother says then walks away. 

I know my mother isn't happy but I want to go. It will get me closer to him even though she doesn't want me to. I've never met my father. He was sent away to prison before I was born and my mother never got the chance to tell him about me. When he was arrested, my mother was two months pregnant. She hadn't seen or talked to him in months because he said before he left that he was part of a war and wanted to protect my mother from it. Where he is, it's not like regular prisons that has visiting hours, this one no one is allowed to visit. Not like my mother would have let me visit him anyways. My mother was in love with him, but what he did to get sent to the prison made her not trust him. 

"Sirena, go to bed, we leave in the morning to go to get your supplies," my mother's voice brings me out of my thoughts. 

I nod and head back up the stairs. As I lay in bed, I can't help but think about what Hogwarts will be like. That night I dream of magical things, a magical school. 

~September 1~

It's time. Well, it's time to leave my house to go to King's Cross to get on the Hogwarts express to go to school. The day my mother was dreading even more then the day I got my first letter from Hogwarts. My mother is a nervous wreck. She has been pacing the kitchen all morning. I can hear her walking back and forth, picking things up and putting them back down as if she thought that was what she needed but realized it wasn't. I don't like the fact that she is this nervous. But I have to go. I have to be closer to the father I never knew. I grab my trunk and my owl and bring them down stairs. My mother finally stopped and walked in to the foyer where I was standing. I can see the tears threatening to spill out of her eyes. I quickly hug her. 

"It's going to be okay mom. I'll be fine."  

"I know I just worry about you."

I hug her until she pulls away and smiles at me. She takes a deep breath. 

"Let's go sweetheart."

I follow her with my trunk and owl cage in tow. I put everything in the car and got in for the ride to King's Cross. Finally King's Cross comes into view, and my nerves comes into the light. What if my mom is right, what if they treat me differently because of who my father is? I don't know what is going to happen. But I do know that I can do this, any way possible. With my jet black hair pulled back, my grey eyes shine with the confidence that I have to have for my mother. Getting out of the car, my mother brings a trolley to get my luggage. We start walking in and all I can do is stare at everything. 

"This way, Sirena, the platform is just this way," my mother says with nerves still in her voice. 

I follow by closely just we get to the platform. My mother quickly stops and turns to me. 

"Now I want you to listen to me closely, there will be a boy there named Harry Potter. He is famous in that world. You are to stay away from him at all costs. Do you understand me?" my mother warns me with a stone cold voice. 

I know she is serious when she talks like this. So I nod my head in understanding. What is so important about this Harry Potter that I have to stay away from him. I will figure it out. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading my new story. I hope you enjoy it. Leave some comments and let me know what you think!