Chapter 1: Tomorrow would be a great day...

The phone started ringing as Cara and her sister Melissa made their way down the busy streets of the shopping district. They had a bundle of shopping bags in their hands as they shoved past a crowd huddling by the street.

She had just left the bridal boutique, buying some nice white sandals for her friend Alisson, whose wedding was scheduled for the following day.

“Huh! Last minute shopping, always gets you on the run;” said Melissa.

“Yeah Right!” said Cara, as she struggled to shift some bags on one hand while reaching for her purse to grab her phone.

As soon as she answered the call, an anxiety-filled Alisson started shouting at the other end of the line “Cara, what happened? You’re late. You know I need the dress fixed as soon as possible, because possibly without a dress I cannot be at the wedding and the sandals, did you pick them up as well? What about the tiara? I want it small and sparkly.”

Cara Replied, “Yes, Yes Alisson, everything is in order. We are coming by your place with the dress, the sandals and the tiara; everything has been taken care of.”

“Alright, What about the guest list?  ” said Alisson.

“Melissa will take care of the guest list.” Finally Alisson calmed down at her reassurance.

“OK see you in an hour,” said Cara, as she hung up and looked at her watch which showed exactly 8 pm.

“Pre-wedding jitters I suppose,” Melissa smiled.

Cara smiled back “Yeah! I guess.”

Tomorrow was a Friday, a big day for Cara and Melissa, as their best friend Alisson was finally getting married to the love of her life, Bradley. Alisson’s wedding dress had some fitting problems that needed taking care of. And who were hired to do the last moment job, none other than the heroic bridesmaids “Cara and Melissa”.

Well, they were the closest Alisson had to sisters and they had grown up together. So it was natural for them to be involved with the oncoming wedding tasks.

“Finally, we’ve managed to get the dress done on time,” said Cara.

“Not to forget the sandals,” exclaimed Melissa, as they reached Alisson’s house. Alisson’s mom Sandra welcomed them and they headed towards her bedroom. When they entered the room, it was an absolute mess and Alisson was the centre of that mess, or rather the source of it. When she saw Cara and Mel she sprang up from her bed where she was sitting, surrounded by thousands of accessories and the guest list in one corner. 

‘She was obviously going through the list,’ thought Cara.

“Come on let us take care of the guest list, you shouldn’t be worried with this stuff” said Melissa.

“I don’t need to be, now that you are here,” smiled Alisson.

After an hour or so everyone seemed happy, as Alisson had finally tried the dress and it fitted perfectly, the sandals were a perfect match as well. Cara and Mel had also managed to pick up a matching white tiara.

“Thank you my sweet bridesmaids,” said Alisson.

“You are welcome Ali,” said Cara and Mel. And they all started smiling.

“Well, we should be heading back to home now; it’s already 10:00 pm and mom would start getting worried if we are too late,” said Cara, as the responsible elder sister.

“Okay,” said Melissa, “See you tomorrow then.”

“Goodnight,” said Alisson. “And Cara, good luck for the interview.”