6. Operation Cupcake

Start from the beginning

>:(

I turn off the phone and tuck it back into my pocket. I lay on my back and let out a sigh, gazing at the stars above me. The peaceful silence is broken a minute later.

"I'm surprised your secret identity hasn't been blown. You're really bad at keeping it." FABAE states, humor lacing her voice.

"Hey! I'm offended!"

"You deserve it."

I roll my eyes, "Wow, thanks."

"You're welcome Peter. I can't lie to my son."

"Did you just call me your son? I can't tell if I am creeped out or touched."

"Your body language suggests that you are touched. And yes Peter, I consider you my son."

I smile, "I'm glad I created you FABAE."

"Same here Peter."

I lie there and just listen to the familiar sounds of the city, waiting to hear if someone needs my help. After a few minutes of peacefulness, I stand up and swing home. I climb through my window, change into comfy PJ's, say goodnight to May, and climb in bed. I drift off wondering how the test tomorrow will go.

*-*-*-*-*-*

I wake up in the morning to my alarm going off. I sleepily reach over to turn it off, hitting it with too much force. I wince as I listen to the clock break. Ugh. I'm going to have to fix it again. Of course, it would be more logical to use my phone alarm, but Uncle Ben gave me this alarm clock, and I'm not ready to get rid of it yet. Besides, fixing it up regularly is a good little exercise.

After showering I unplug my phone and head downstairs, pouring some cereal into a bowl. I pull out my phone and start eating. I notice a few unread texts from Mr. Insomniac. Curious, I open them.

Mr. Insomniac

Kid, I went to hack your phone and I couldn't!

I couldn't hack you!

And its ME we're talking about!

Peter

Okay, thats just plain creepy.

If I didn't know you like I do now, I would be a lot more creeped out than I am right now

And ha! You deserve to be stopped

I value my privacy and I am glad to know that my coding works.

Mr. Insomniac

But but...

How?

You're just a high schooler

Peter

Ouch!

Just cause I'm a high schooler doesn't mean I can't be smart

I could be a superhero and you wouldn't even know it

And I could be a genius

Mr. Insomniac

If you told me you could be a genius yesterday I would have scoffed at you

But now...

I couldn't hack you!

Peter

Haven't we already established that?