𝟔 . 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐨𝐲 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐨𝐭

Start from the beginning

9:43 am

the time of the game was nearing soon. the match starts at 10:40 but since the players need to arrive earlier to warmup for the game, akaashi decided to pick her up earlier so that she would get a good spot in the crowd and it'll be a much smoother process as well.

"maybe i'm just too prepared.." the girl sighed as she hugged her knees tightly into her chest.

[l/n] was actually very very excited for this, more than she'd like to admit. she was very much aware of her feelings for the blue eyed setter. every time their eyes met the butterflies in her stomach would start act up and an unfamiliar feeling would start to fill her heart.

as the minutes passed, there was still text message from the setter. did he forget? did something happen to him? maybe he was still getting ready? what could he be doing right now?

"did he.. forget..?" the girl said to herself with a hint of sadness behind her voice.

ding

her phone buzzed as she immediately snapped her head towards the direction of her phone. she picked her phone up to see a text message from akaashi as her face immediately lit up as she tapped open the text, expecting it to be akaashi letting her know he was running a little late.

akaashi <3

akaashi <3
[l/n]-chan, this is bokuto. please come
to the gymnasium right now.

akaashi forgot.

....

"akaashi forgot? to pick me up?" the girl's eyebrows furrowed together as she read the text message from bokuto.

he forgot could mean a lot of things ranging from her forgot to pick her up or worse, he forgot her.

"no no no, there's no way he would've forgotten me.. right?" the [h/c]nette girl shook her head at the thought of him forgetting her.

she knew about the boy's rare condition and the chances of him actually forgetting her though she didnt want to think about for sure.

"bokuto senpai sounded serious.." the girl thought as she jumped off her couch and quickly rushed over to her door where she quickly slipped on a pair of white tennis shoes and grabbed her keys while rushing out the door and locking the door.

the girl sped down the street, trying to rush towards the gymnasium that the game was suppose to be held at. she glanced down at her phone to see that it was almost 10 o' clock. a small sigh left her soft lips as she continued to speed walk down the street.

with the volleyball team

"akaashi..." bokuto murmured quietly as he backed away from the black haired setter.

the whole entire team stared at akaashi was a concerned expression on their faces. they were worried not only for their second year setter but the other second year.

it was obvious that the two second year had feelings for each other. it was no secret, the way akaashi looked into [l/n]'s eyes and the way the girl smiled at him. it was so obvious. 

"bokuto, do you think [l/n]'s gonna be okay?" konoha placed a shoulder onto the ace's shoulder and whispered into his ear as bokuto looked back at the 3rd year with an uneasy expression on his usually enthusiastic face. 

"akaashi-san, lemme ask you one more time. do you know anyone who goes by the name of [l/n] and has [h/c] hair and [e/c] eyes?" komi stood in front of akaashi once again and questioned the setter once again, needing confirmation again.

"i dont know anyone with [h/c] hair. why do you keep asking about this [y/n] person?" akaashi sighed in reply, slowly getting impatient and annoyed by all the questions his teammates.

was this really gonna be the end? did he really forget [l/n]? 

"akaashi.. ar-" konoha tried to asked again but was quickly cut off by an out of character akaashi.

"how many times do i need to tell you guys?? i dont anything who goes by the name of [l/n]!" akaashi scowled at the third year, taking all of his teammates aback.

"a-akaashi-san..." a shaky female's voice sounded from behind the team as everyone snapped their heads around to see a wide eyed [l/n] standing behind the team in a big white jacket.

she looked scared... sad.. like she was about to breakdown any second..

bokuto immediately turned his head over to akaashi to check for his reaction.

akaashi's eyes were side. it seemed like he was deep in thought and deeply intrigued about something. it seemed like akaashi seemed to be staring at [l/n] as well.

"do.. i know you..?" akaashi finally broke the tense silence in the gym as [l/n]'s eyes widened even more.

her body began to shake slightly as her eyes began the water at his words.

"did... did he really forget about me..?" she thought to herself as she could feel everything around her start to blur due to the tears slowly forming in her eyes and the stares of the boys volleyball members staring at her.

"i didnt think this would actually happen.." the [h/c] haired girl chuckled softly as a single tear fell onto her cheek as she quickly wiped the tear away but more tears began to roll out of her eyes and into her cheeks.

akaashi was taken aback, he didnt recognize this girl but it seemed like she knew him and now she's breaking down in front of him. he was confused to say the least.

"a-are you ok-" akaashi tried to ask but was cut off by [l/n]'s broken voice. 

"akaashi-san.. im honored to be someone you remembered." [l/n] managed to choke out as she removed her face from her hands.

akaashi was taken aback by her sudden words as his eyes met her [e/c] eyes. just like the first time. 

[l/n] smiled sweetly at the dark haired male despite being forgotten and broken.. her smile.. it didnt look the same as before.. it was so broken.

tick

it was as if something akaashi had snapped. all these memories and visions started to flood back into his head. the feeling in his stomach whenever his gunmetal blue eyes met her [e/c] ones, the feeling of her small hands in his and how they fit perfectly with each others.. all the memories and feelings overwhelmed all of his senses as his head started to throb in pain and vision began to blur.

the last thing he caught a glimpse was [l/n]'s broken expression that will forever be implanted in his mind before he fainted.

"[l..l/n].." 

"akaashi-san?? akaashi!"