2. daydream crush

"Girls, quit arguing you need to leave for school in 5 minutes, Dixie is driving right?" my mom asked.

We all turned to look at Dixie. "Ugh fine," she says, rolling her eyes.

Dixie and I get in her car, she fixed her mirror and handed me the aux cord. "Anything but kidz bop," she mumbles.

"That was ONE time, like years ago," I roll my eyes and put on Hot Girl by Megan Thee Stallion.

The school was 10 minutes away from our house so it was a short drive.We talked about Bryce finally asking Addison to be his girlfriend. They were finally official.

Addison is Dixie's best friend which is quite ironic considering they were pretty much the opposite of each other. Addison was more girly and preppy while Dixie had always been more of a tomboy and edgy.

As for Bryce, he was one of the jocks. He played football and was pretty good at it. Naturally he was very popular and many girls were crushing on him but he only ever talked about Addison. He was also infamous for his bad habits like smoking and drinking. For the past year he and Addison had been on and off without any labels,confusing everyone at school. Which is why we couldn't believe he finally asked her to be his girlfriend.

Addison and Dixie were pretty popular as well, they were the head cheerleaders.

As cliche as it may be already Dixie was dating the school quarterback Noah, one of Bryce's friends. Noah was the sweetest unlike Bryce, Noah actually had a good reputation at school. He had good grades, was very kind and didn't drink or smoke.

Dixie and Noah had been together for about six months now and my parents like Noah a lot, so do I he's like the brother I've never had. He also helps Dixie out with her grades and is always there for her. their personalities are quite contrasting but it seems to be working out perfectly for them.

As for me, aside from being Dixie's little sister I wasn't really known for anything else. I wasn't invisible I just didn't really getting into friendships that could later on get messy. I just minded my own business as a freshman.

That didn't mean I was alone though I had a small but very close group of friends. Madi,Sienna and I had been bestfriends ever since meeting in kindergarten.

And as far as crushes go, I never really liked someone enough and my last relationship was one in middle school which let's be real, those never work out.

When I started high school last year my one goal was not to be hung op on guys and only focus on living my life.

That was until a new kid enrolled at our school.He joined in the middle of the school year last year. He was a sophomore then, now he's a junior I presume.

He had messy raven black hair,pale skin and light blue eyes. We had never talked,in fact I don't even thinks he knows who I am.

The only thing I know about him is his name, Chase Hudson.

We arrived at school and I grabbed my backpack from the backseat and started walking towards the  front entrance of the school.

Stuck in my thoughts, I jump when I feel someone tapping my shoulder.

"Hey, Charli right?", I hear a voice say.
I turn around not believing who is talking to me right now.

"Chase?!" My inner voice screams. "Play it cool Charli," I think to myself and try to contain myself.

"Yes? And you're Chase right?," I calmly reply.

"The one and only," he answered putting his hands on his waist. He was breathing heavy like he had been running.

He was wearing black skinny jeans, a baggy dark green hoodie with some classic vans. I could see his hair sticking out from his beanie. He always had good style.

"Are you checking me out?," He asks with a cheeky grin.

Shit was it that obvious?

"I'm not, don't be flattered," I blatantly lied. My cheeks were turning red

"Hey, I don't mind," He said with smirk.

His goddamn smirk.

"Anyways, I was wondering if you would try out for my band?" He asked, redirecting the conversation.

He was starting a band? I mean I knew he could sing I had heard him before, however he refused to
join our school band.

"You're starting a band?" I asked.

"Well kinda, me, Jack and Avani were talking about it and decided to just do it you know, it's kinda spontaneous but what can ya lose?" He answered resting his hands in his jeans pocket.

Jack Wright, 17, was blonde, blue eyed and also my neighbor. We had known each other ever since kindergarten. He has a twin brother, James who is pretty much identical except he's a brunette.

He and Chase quickly became friends after meeting in the swimming team. Did I mention Chase is a swimmer? Well he is, and he's pretty good at it.

I'm in the swimming team too but I'm obviously in the girls team.

Avani Gregg, 17, brown eyes, black wavy hair was in the same grade as Chase. She was pretty good at make-up and was also really nice. I met her in AP bio and she actually offered to help me with it.

I didn't know her and Chase were friends though, but it makes sense, she and Chase had pretty much the same style and interests.

Jack, on the other hand was pretty much the opposite of those two, he had blonde hair, had very preppy style and was a really good dancer.

"Oh cool, what would you need me for then?" I asked nervously.

"Jack told me you can play the guitar really good,
so I was wondering if you'd be willing to play for us?," he explained.

I was unsure of my answer. The possibility of being close to chase excited me I must say. Although I realize that I'm sounding like a stalker.

Chase stood in front of me, awaiting my answer, playing with the chains on his belt.

I open my mouth to answer when-

To be continued x
—————

I'm so sorry that this chapter is not exciting, I was a bit busy. Watch out for the next chapter since those will me much longer and much more interesting.
Also tell me some of your fav tiktokers and tiktok couples so they can be in the story!