san arrived at wooyoung's house the next night and pressed the bell. after three seconds, the door opened, revealing a grinning wooyoung. "san!" the said male was attacked by a really tight hug, which he returned back just as tight as wooyoung's. the hug stayed for a whole minute, just them holding closely to each other, until san broke off, saying he couldn't breathe.

wooyoung finally let go, wishing he could hold the other male longer. "come on in, san." he lead the older inside his apartment. there were still a few boxes in the living room, unopened. san guessed the younger haven't finished unpacking yet. "have you eaten?"

"i ate sushi from the store i'm working at around 4 or something.."

"really? no wonder you're still thin... wanna eat jjajjangmyeon? i ordered two just for us." san followed wooyoung towards the kitchen and took a seat at the counter, soon followed by wooyoung. the kitchen looked better than the rest of the house, san noticed. it was cleaned well and some kitchen apparatus were already there in place.

they then began eating while at the same time catching up on each other. wooyoung swallowed the last few noodles in his bowl and finally asked, "so, where do you work now?"

san put down his chopsticks and replied, "in a convenience store. full time from monday to friday."

"and how long have you been working there?"

"hmmm... about 6 months or less. i felt comfortable working there, honestly." san wiped his lips with a kitchen towel and threw his and wooyoung's empty plastic bowl away. "is that so? hey, sannie." wooyoung called the older who replied with a hum. "don't you want to join me?"

"join what?"

"auditioning."

san looked up with a surprised look. "you want me to audition to be an idol? haven't you see what i look like?"

"what do you mean?" wooyoung asked when he scanned san from top to bottom, seeing one fine man.

"they don't want boys as thin as me! and i don't dance and sing." san said which made the younger sighed. "aww, that sucks. we could be the perfect duo or something." san laughed at that. "yeah, no. i'm fine living like this, at least."

they moved to the living room to sit on the couch and wooyoung turned on the new tv he just bought. "wooyoung, wanna know something?"

"shoot."

"when you gave me your new number before, i accidentally typed the wrong one. guess who i ended up texting to?" san waited excitedly for wooyoung to make a guess.

"a nanny."

"no."

"a psychopath?"

"nope."

"how about a serial killer?"

"what the– no!"

"ugh.. kim jong un."

san rolled his eyes at wooyoung. "i had low expectations of you but holy fuck." he hit wooyoung's shoulder who yelped in pain. "ah–! okay, okay! who is it then?" san grinned cheekily then at his bestfriend. "just a guy..."

"yeah, i know. who?"

"he's a songwriter, a singer, and very hot."

wooyoung felt his heart crack inside his chest. did san found someone else already while he's not here?

"oh, really?" san nodded and continued, "he's a nice guy and he's older than me. his voice is like–" san did a chef kiss gesture and wooyoung laughed at that. well, he tried faking one. thank god san didn't notice it.

"well, i should go now. i have to wake up early tomorrow morning."

"oh, i forgot about your work. come on." wooyoung lead san to the door to bid his goodbye. he held his hands and gripped them tightly, which made the older gaze at him in confusion. "woo? what's the matter?" wooyoung shook his head and smiled a small smile. "nothing. be safe on your way home, sannie." san felt his hands were let go, so he patted wooyoung's right shoulder.

"thanks. goodnight, woo."

"goodnight, sannie." wooyoung waved and san waved back.

on his way home, san thought back about one of his conversations with wooyoung. he's not that dumb. he noticed wooyoung's change of mood after he mentioned the incident to what lead him to know seonghwa. but why? is he not okay with it? but he's my best friend.. he could've told me if anything is wrong.

san shook his head then. maybe he's just overthinking things.