¹⁶I can't believe it 𝘪𝘴 betrayal!

Zacznij od początku

The air seemed to get colder as she continued walking and it was a familiar kind of cold air—the same kind she felt in her dreams and the same kind that she felt whenever Luke was overtaken by whatever was possessing him.

"There is a new Golden Age coming," she heard Luke say. "You won't be part of it."

When she made it to where they were, she saw Percy nervously and uncomfortably sitting on a rock while Luke slashed his sword in an arc.

Alaska and Luke made eye contact and she stared into his now gold eyes. Maybe she imagined it, but his eyes seemed to flicker blue before returning to gold as he disappeared into a ripple of darkness. She was so stunned and shocked, she could only focus on the wisps of dark navy blue in the air and the smell of blood.

She turned to Percy, expecting him to have a similar shocked expression, but he wasn't where he was before. Alaska saw his figure crouching near the river, halfway in, and she made her way over, rushing when she realized that he was wounded.

"Help," he croaked, attempting to stand up and stumbling a little. "Please ..."

A wave of panic washed over her before she quickly scooped him up in her arms and made her way back to the main area of camp as quickly as possible. He was pretty light, making it fairly easy for her to carry and run with.

"Help!" she called as she made her way to the Big House, followed by a string of curse words leaving her mouth that she would definitely get reprimanded for had she not been carrying a dying kid in her arms.

"Whoa, now those are some fun words. What did the waterboy do this time?" Clarisse asked with a scoff as she fell in step with Alaska.

"I—I don't know," Alaska said, ignoring Clarisse's clear disdain. "He's—I don't know. He needs help; can you carry him or something?"

"Wow, the son of Poseidon needs my help?"

Alaska looked down and saw that he wasn't even attempting to speak anymore. His eyes were closed and his skin was slightly green, though she couldn't tell if that was from his aura or whatever sickness was overtaking him, probably both.

His aura seemed to be diminishing a little, the color flickering like an old, worn-out lightbulb. 

"Yes," Alaska said urgently. "He's gonna die."

Clarisse hesitated before looking around frantically and seeing a centaur.

"Hey, you! Someone's fucking dying over here!" she shouted at the centaur.

Alaska was so focused on making sure Percy didn't die that she almost didn't notice the loud conch horn blowing and another centaur running up to her.

He took Percy from her arms and rushed over to the Big House at a speed much faster than hers. She released a nervous breath she didn't even realize she was holding before continuing to speed walk to the infirmary.

"Thank you," Alaska said to Clarisse.

"Don't expect me to do it again," she said before walking off.

Alaska blew her hair out of her face, not even bothered by Clarisse's rough attitude—she was pretty much used to it at this point. She rushed over to the cabins and knocked twice on the open Athena door, alerting Annabeth—the only current camper in the cabin.