[1] Rooftop View

Happy Halloween!

***

Unedited

Third Person

"Beautiful, right?" Mew asks after ten minutes of awkward silence.

"Yeah. Japan sure has its beauty." Gulf replies, staring out at the view of the lit-up city.

The two fall into silence, once again.

The only sound that can be heard is the swishing of the water waves in the pool behind them and the faint sound of cars below them.

As a breeze brushes over the building, Gulf holds onto his black suit and pulls it closer to keep his body warm.

Mew notices and takes off his white suit blazer, throwing it over Gulf's shoulders.

Gulf bows his head to thank the older who smiles in response.

The younger grabs onto the blazer and holds it close to his body, immediately getting a whiff of the familiar smell of its owner.

"You look-"

"Different?" Gulf interrupts, remembering the last thing Mew had told him before the situation happened.

Mew turns and looks at Gulf. "Great. You look great, today."

Unable to control it, his cheeks quickly turn red.

Even after two years, the boy can't help but be effected by Mew.

"Yeah well, I thought it would be nice to wear something I'd actually like, for once." Gulf replies.

Mew's eyes wander between the view of the city to Gulf's glowing tanned-skin face in the dark, remembering the reason behind why they separated.

"Are you still...." Mew starts, afraid to ask something sensitive.

"..Still in Emancie?" Gulf finishes Mew's question.

Mew nods slowly as he bites his lip nervously.

"I completed the contract I had signed with them. But when they wanted me to continue modeling for them, I denied. I found out the dirty truth about that company." Gulf says, his voice quiet as he stares out at the city.

"And... I found out Ariel was dating my manager." Gulf snickers, shaking his head. "I thought we truly had something, but I guess it couldn't compare with what the guy had." 

Turning to Gulf, Mew gently lifts his hand, placing it softly on the younger's shoulder. "She doesn't know what she's truly missing out on." He says.

"She's not missing out on much when she has someone like him." Gulf replies.

"Oh, don't think like that. You're single and young, you have plenty of time to find someone better." Mew says, trying to cheer up the boy.

Gulf turns to Mew and smiles.

"By the way, what are you going in Japan?" Mew asks, pulling his hand back so he doesn't make the younger uncomfortable.

"I was friends with the groom when we met a year ago during an event." Gulf replies to which Mew nods.

"I usually have annual trips to Japan. My dad are close friends with the father of the groom so we're close buds and for his wedding, he asked me to be his groomsman." Mew explains.

"I know." Gulf says.

"How?" Mew asks, his eyebrows creasing in confusion.

"You talked about it in one of your lives." Gulf replies.

"You've watched my lives?" Mew asks.

Gulf shrugs. "They usually pop up in my recommendations so I watch them." 

"Well, isn't that a bit stalkerish?" Mew jokes, crossing his arm. 

"Maybe. But just think of me as one of your many fans so my stalking will seem normal." Gulf says, smiling.

"Wow, never thought Mr. Kanawut Traipipattanapong would the stalker type." Mew says, smirking.

"I'm an actor. I'm flexible in every role." Gulf replies.

"You deserve an Oscar, then." Mew says.

The two burst into laughter at their sarcastic conversation.

Suddenly, the wind picks up again and begins blowing past the building.

Gulf immediately pulls Mew's blazer in closer to his body.

"Come on, let's get inside and back to your hotel before you get a cold." Mew says, standing up and helping the younger up.

Mew follows Gulf as the boy walks past the pool and across the rooftop before walking inside to the hallway.