"Susan and Peter are the lucky ones, off on adventures" said Lucy as she stood up and walked to the mirror.

"I'm sure you guys have adventures of your own" I said in an effort to make them feel better.

"That's just how it is, I guess" said Edmund as he rested his head on my shoulder, "they're the oldest and we're the youngest. We don't matter as much."

"That isn't true," I told him, "you matter a whole awful lot."

"To you?" he asked with a playful smirk.

"No, to Lucy" I teased and gave him a flirtatious wink.

I looked over at Lucy and noticed that she was looking at me. She instantly looked away as soon as I caught her. I figured that something must be on her mind, so I walked over to her side.

"Do you think I look anything like you?" she asked as she turned around and tucked some hair behind her ear.

I was a bit taken aback by her question that really didn't have anything to do with the previous conversation we just had.

"Sorry—" she said, "it's just that... Never mind"

I was pretty confused, I must admit. "Is there anything on your mind, Lu?" I asked.

"If... I don't look like you.." she said with a heavy sigh, "then do I at least look anything like Susan?"

"Well of course you do," I answered, "You're sisters. There are definitely similarities."

"Sisters..." she mumbled.

"Y/N" called Edmund, "have you seen this ship before?"

I walked beside Edmund to where he was standing. He was looking at a ship painting that reminded me of Narnia.

"It looks like something from Narnia" I exclaimed, "Lucy, come take a look!"

She walked over to where we were standing, "It does look very Narnian-looking."

"Just another reminder that we're here and not there" sighed Edmund.

"Narnia..." Lucy sighed, "I wonder how Luia and Oliver are doing. You probably think I've forgotten them, but I think about them every day."

"I never expected you to forget them" I said. "They're family."

Edmund sighed, "I wonder if they're still alive..."

"In front of a painting stood a group of three, believing in Narnian fantasies." Eustace stood behind the door and slowly walked inside. 

"Please let me hit him" said Edmund as he charged to Eustace.

"Edmund, no" said Lucy as we held him back.

"Don't you ever knock?" I said as I rolled my eyes.

"It's my house," said Eustace as he sat down, "I do as I please. You're just guests. And one's a pest."

"Look who's talking" I snarked and charged toward him, unfortunately I wasn't able to do anything because Edmund and Lucy were holding me back. "Let me vine him."

"You can't," whispered Edmund, "even though I really, really want you to."

"What's so fascinating about that picture anyway?" Eustace asked. "It's hideous."

"You're hideous" I said under my breath. I think he heard me. Good.

"You won't see it from the other side of the door" said Edmund. We all faced the painting. It's much more pleasing to the eyes.

"It looks like the water is actually moving" commented Lucy.

"What- what rubbish. See? That's what happens when you read all those fanciful novels and fairy tales of yours" scolded Eustace. 

Edmund rolled his eyes. "There once was a boy called Eustace, who read books full of facts that were useless." 

Eustace's eyes widened in offense. "People who read fairytales are always the sort who become a hideous burden to people like me— who read books of real information"

I chuckled, "and because of the rubbish he read, strange ideologies formed in his head." We shared a silent laugh. 

"That is false! You don't know what you're talking about. I bet you'll only add to it, the burden." Eustace snapped. 

"'Burden'?" Edmund walked closer to Eustace, "You're one to talk, aren't you? I haven't seen you lift a finger since we've been here." He shut the door. 

Water started coming out of the painting. From sprinkles, to splashes, to medium amounts. The painting began to move vigorously.

Lucy and I backed away from the painting. "Am I going mad or are you seeing this too?"

While the two boys were bickering behind us, I looked at Lucy expecting an answer, but she was too invested on what was happening. "The painting... we- we're going back!" 

The water's splashes got so intense, it finally caught the attention of the two. 

"What's going on here?" asked Eustace.

Edmund walked to my side,"D-do you think—?"

"It- it's some kind of trick," stammered Eustace, "Stop it or I'll tell Mother!"

"We're going home," I declared, "we're going home!"

We watch in anticipation. 

"Mother-" Eustace cried, "Mother!"

He saw that nobody paid him any attention. "I'll just smash the rotten thing."

I overheard him and tried to stop him. "Eustace, don't!"

His hand got a hold of the painting. 

"No, Eustace, no!"
"Let it go!"
"Stop that!"
"We can't stop it!"
"Get off me! Get off—!"
"Let go of it, Eustace!"
"Eustace, cut it out!"
"Put it down!"

After fighting over the painting, he finally released his grip and it fell on the floor. The water was rising, fast. It was already at hip level and was increasing by the second. The strong current made us fall, slip, and stumble. The water was deep. The floor seemed to have disappeared. All there was were floating bedroom furniture. As we swam to the surface, the furniture seemed to have disappeared.

At last, my head was above water and I was able to breathe again...

We were in Narnia.