Chapter 2

Third person's POV.

'I don't have an excuse at hand and I'm too tired to try and think of something.'

"Well, I meant exactly what I said. It should have been me instead of her." Izuku sighed and looked down at the cup of coffee in his hands.

"Midoriya, you couldn't have saved her. Even pros have failed to save people." Aizawa said in a comforting tone with a tinge of sadness.

"I know, Aizawa-sensei. My mind is obviously telling me that I did nothing wrong, couldn't do anything and that it wasn't my fault but I feel so guilty. Call it a heart, soul, or whatever you want, but there's something that's letting me know it was supposed to be me."

Izuku sighed and took another sip of his coffee. He wasn't used to talking about his emotions much, after all, he was happy most of the time. And when he wasn't, no one but him knew.

Aizawa looked at his student with sadness. Everyone else in the room, except Nedzu of course, was confused. Some understood what was happening faster than others.

"What was that you were saying about your father?" Aizawa asked Izuku with curiosity and worry.

"He left my mom and me when I was two years old. Mom said he left for work in America. He used to send money, but he got married again and had to cut us off because of his own financial issues." (All those years back, Hisashi was struggling with living in America and was barely keeping his family afloat.)

Izuku gripped the cup in his hands a bit harder and sighed in defeat.

"He is my only living relative, so I'll have to go live with him. It's like having to live with a stranger."

Izuku chuckled bitterly and looked up at Aizawa. He rubbed the back of his neck nervously, drank the last of his coffee, stood up, threw the cup out, walked out of the room, and gestured for Aizawa to follow him to class.

"I know you don't want to, but you should rest today. Call your father and talk everything out." Aizawa sighed once more when he saw Izuku shake his head.

"I need to keep myself busy for now. Everything is too much to handle for me. I need a moment of distraction. A moment of peace in my mind."

Izuku smiled sadly. This might not be the best way to cope, but it was better than a few others he knew and did.

"Fine. I'll tell the class to leave it for now. If you need to talk or something, anything, you can come and talk to me."

Izuku looked at his teacher and beamed at him.

Aizawa was glad to see his student slowly get his energy back and he thanked both God and Satan for coffee.

𝒕𝒊𝒎𝓮𝒔𝒌𝒊𝒑

School had almost ended. There were only a few minutes left. Todoroki had been staring worriedly at Izuku for quite some time. They might not be together anymore or have romantic feelings towards each other, but he was still his friend.

Bakugou was more worried than ever for his dumb nerd. His mom had told him the news about Inko and he had found out about Todoroki by catching them kissing at lunch break in the bathrooms.

"Hey, nerd." Bakugou walked up to Izuku when the bell had rung.

"The old hag wanted to see you. If you have something you need to do, feel free to refuse, but if you need someone you could come to my house and just hang out for a little bit." 

The class had fallen in silence. Sure, Izuku and Katsuki's friendship had grown, but Katsuki being nice and offering emotional help seemed like a few words that were never in the same sentence.