Y/N

You don't each much of the special item which was just a cheeseburger with curly fries. You instead watch Tendou as he eats and scrolls on his phone. You think to yourself how much this feels like a normal date.

You think back to your first date with your boyfriend which was just sitting in his apartment smoking and drinking. You wonder what it would have been like if you had met someone like Tendou first.

  You picture the movies and the beach and constant smiling, so much that your cheeks hurt. You feel a wave of jealousy and stop thinking about it.

"Is something wrong?" Tendou asks. You shake your head. "I guess I wasn't hungry after all." You wave to the waitress and ask for a to go box. 

"Let's go." He says. You follow him out and begin to walk through the stores. "How about there?" He points to a clothes store. You follow him inside as he looks through the hangers.

You watch as his face lights up when his eyes land on a red hoodie in his size. "What do you think?" You smile. "It's perfect." His face suddenly gets serious and he turns away.  You walk around for a bit eyeing a bunch of clothes you probably can't afford.

  You take your phone out of your pocket and turn it back on. As the screen lights up you see nearly 40 missed messages and 11 calls.

"Wow that's a lot." You look back to see Tendou hovering over your shoulder. "Yeah." You agree while shoving your phone back into your pocket.

  "You sure you don't need to get back to them?" He asks curiously. "I don't want to, I'll see them tonight anyway." You say avoiding his eyes.

  He stays silent for a second before heading up to the front counter to purchase the new hoodie and jeans he picked out. School let out about thirty minutes ago, but you keep your mouth shut, afraid of separating yourself  from Tendou.

  "I had fun today." He says. you nod in agreement. "I'll take the bus back to my place." You say. Before you can head to the bus stop, Tendou grabs your wrist.

"Wait." He says. His eyes are piercing and for the first time he isn't openly smiling. "What?" He continues to stare and you turn your eyes away. "Do you really need to go home right now?" He asks.

Your eyes shoot up and see the concern on his face. A sudden wave of anger ripples through you. He knew. He knew this whole time. Of course the rumor got to him, who hasn't heard.

You rip your arm from his grip. "You liar." You barely say above a whisper. "Y/N-," you back away from him.

"Did you only hang out with me because you pity me? Is that it?" You say agitated. "No, it isn't-" you turn away from him.

"I'm not some broken case that needs to be solved. I only hung out with you cause I thought it was nice." You say as you face the sky.

"I was glad that finally someone didn't look at me the way you are now. I can finally forget everything and experience a normal life!"

You turn back to him, your face hot and your eyes filled with tears. "But your just like everyone else."

"I should have known."

You take a deep breath.

"That I'd die living this same life."

You storm off to the bus station, leaving Tendou standing in the street light.

(Word count: 595)