"You look nice." I say to Luna as the two of them walk towards me.

                        "I wake up looking like this." She says sarcastically.

       We continue with small talk, discussing plans for Christmas break and what not. The entire time I can't help but notice Harry staring at me.

         Finally he decides to speak. "Can I talk to you for a moment, Lex?"

       I look at Harry then back at Luna. She rubs my arm gently before disappearing to find Gabriella and Hermione.

      Harry walks to an empty corner of the room and I follow behind. He hands me a glass of champagne which I'm grateful for.

      "Can you believe we were the only students that made Living Death correctly?"

     I try to swallow my champagne quickly so I can answer. Instead, Harry continues talking.

                       "Did you follow the directions in the textbook?"

       "Not necessarily," I wipe my mouth with the back of my hand. "Did you?"

      Harry stays quiet. Something is on his mind and part of me wants to know but also I could care less. He seems to always be caught up in things he shouldn't be.

                 "How are you and Malfoy?" He breaks the silence.

      A smile forms in the corner of my mouth. "We're good, thank you for asking."

      He opens his mouth to speak once again but before he can I see my father approaching.

       "Mr. Potter, Dumbeldore would like me to inform you that he is going away and won't return until term resumes."

              Harry looks up at my dad with big eyes. "Going where?"

       The two of them stare at each other awkwardly for a moment. My father ignores Harry's question and turns to me.

                      "You look lovely this evening, dear."

        I bow my head and thank him with a smile. You'd think that I'd see my father more often considering we are at Hogwarts together. But sadly, I don't see him much. It's better than when I was at Beauxbatons, though. We'd go months without seeing each other.

        Seeing his smile for a split second makes me realize how much I really miss him.

        He gives Harry one more glance before walking off. Harry stares at me confused and I shrug my shoulders. I wait for him to leave as well, but he doesn't. I scan the room for Luna and as soon as I see her, I head her way.

       As I meet with the middle of the room I hear a commotion coming from the doorway. My head turns quickly to see Mr. Filch dragging in a student.

              But not just any student; Draco.

        "Get your filthy hands off of me!" Draco shouts.

       My hand meets with my forehead. I feel Harry's eyes on me from across the room but I avoid them.

       "I just found Mr. Malfoy lurking in an upstairs corridor," Filch huffs. "He says he was invited to your Christmas party-"

                   "Alright alright, I wasn't invited!" Draco interrupts.

       As soon as I lift my head I see Draco staring at me. He has an irritated look on his face but when our eyes meet he relaxes.