Sixteen - Chinami-Ren Arakawa

Start from the beginning

"Thank you." Atsuko snapped Ren's attention back to her. "Those are all of my questions for the time being." She bowed and returned to her seat.

"Mr Arakawa, your questions please." Judge Hanzo flicked his hand at him a few times. The Doctor stepped down from his podium and sauntered to the centre of the room, his long handcuffs jingling rhythmically as he walked.

The Doctor cleared his throat. "Chinami-Ren, you do speak with such conviction." He smiled at her. Ren clenched her teeth and dug her nails into her leg.

Mirio gripped the bench tightly. "What kinda guy..." He muttered under his breath.

"If these events you speak of were so terrible and heartbreaking, why did you never seek out the aid of others?" He twirled the chain of his handcuffs in his fingers.

"I tried to, you threatened to kill my friends and last surviving siblings if I did. You convinced us that this was normal. That having your quirk tested and experimented on was all part of your job." Ren spat her words out at him. Her hands grew hotter.

The Doctor smirked. "You were given high level training from a young age, correct?"

"Yes but-" She began through gritted teeth.

He interrupted her before she could finish. "And you were given the quirk serum and survived, correct?"

"I- I did b-"

"And in turn, your training and advanced physical ability granted you entrance to the top Hero school in the United States, Super AC. What was your score?"

Ren bit her lip to stop it from shaking. "9-98." She muttered. There was a mumble through the audience again.

"Dammit." Atsuko muttered under her breath. "He's doing exactly as I predicted."

"And you are now attending the top Hero school in Japan, UA High. In fact in your first few months there, you made it into the finals of the Sports Festival?"

"I-I did but-"

"So tell me, Chinami-Ren, you speak of this so negatively, yet you are the survivor. You are the one who inherited the power, how can these people be sure that you didn't make all of this up?"

"W-What?" Ren mumbled.

"Your statement says that on the night the Heroes attacked, I threatened to kill you, yes? How can these people be sure I wasn't trying to save them from a monster?" The Doctor pointed at Ren. "Just how many quirks did you manifest from that serum?"

Ren gripped onto her skirt. "Tch. F-Four."

Mirio gasped. Mumbles and whispers filled the courtroom. "Order." Judge Hanzo only had to speak once.

"And do you have control over all four of them?" The Doctor continued to berate her.

"Your honour-" Atsuko objected but Judge Hanzo held his hand up to silence her.

"N-No."

"So you could be a danger to the working heroes and the future heroes at UA High?" The Doctor smirked. "If you lost control, that is?" He turned to face the courtroom. "You see, you paint me out to be this... This villain... But what you don't understand is that this girl has created herself to be the victim but in actuality she is the issue here! If you watched the Sports Festival, clearly you would've seen it... She began to lose control for just a second... And in that time hundreds of thousands of innocent lives and the lives of beloved heroes could've been lost. You all think I'm the bad guy-"

"Duh." Mirio muttered under his breath.

"You want to lock me away?" The Doctor continued. "What about that?" He pointed at Ren.