Chapter 5 (EDITED)

I'm so very, very, very bored. The vampires won't allow me outside to at run off some steam. Pff...probably afraid I would run away. I have not seen a blade of grass in days. Just the fake grain and warm water. Yuck.

Gwen said she would take me out when she gets back from something called 'school'? Its a building where young humans go to learn for hours. Weird.

"I'M HOME!" I hear Gwen's voice yell as a door slams shut. I whinny as loud as I can to catch her attention. She soft footsteps sound as she runs towards me. "Okay...so here's the deal. Since they all think you are a horse, I have to put a bridle and a saddle on you."

"That's fine with me. At least I get to go outside...oh...could we please visit me house real quick?" I ask while prancing around my little room.

"Of course. I would love to go to your house. Where we are there, could you please change?"

I nod my head in response and she squeals before running to get a saddle and bridle, whatever those are. She runs back holding a seat thing and a bunch of leather sewed together.

She places the seat thing down and slips the leather strings over my head and straps it on. I don't like it at all, especially the silver stuff in my mouth. A great weight is thrown on my back and is fastened around my stomach.

"I'll be right back. I have to go change into jeans and tell Trevor where we are going."

I was about to respond before she disappears completely. Hyper vampire girls. She is suddenly in front of me in blue pants and leather boots.

"You ready?" I nod my head and she grabs the longer strings and leads me through the house.

Gwen opens a door and the smell of the forest fills my nose. She pulls me through the door and gets up on my back. "Lead the way."

"Gladly" I say and trot off into the forest.

When we are far enough away from the house I ask her to take all of the stuff off of me. One I'm free of the humanly objects, I let my horn come into view and my white mane turn its natural blue color. Gwen stands still, staring at me amazed.

"I will never get used to that. Let's go." I agree and lead her through the forest.

Suddenly I fall over from a great weight on my back and little screaming animals jump around me, questions flying. Gwen does nothing but laugh before her scream sounds as well as a swarm of baby bunnies pounce on her.

"Where have you been, Lacey?! And who is this?" One of the fawns ask.

"I had do go do something in the human forest. And this is my friend Gwen." I say to them and Gwen gasps.

"I can hear them too?! That is awesome!" She pets a bunny on her.

"Yes you can because I created a link between you and the animals of the forest. I'm sorry, guys, but I can't play today but maybe next time I come back. Alright?" The respond with okays as we get up and go our separate ways.

We finally reach the water fall. "I'm sorry if you get wet, my home is behind the waterfall." I say before walking through. Gwen follows after me, soaked. I walk over to a box in the tiny cave and pull out a pair of clothes. "These should fit." I pick up the clothes on top of my bed and go behind a moss curtain and shift back into myself.