"But anyway. Now you can do whatever you want! What would you like? An embroidery set? Board games?"

"...Books. I'd like books."

"Excellent choice, miss!", she beamed, "Now you can just head back to your room and I'll take care of that."

   I just nodded and watched as she ran off, ignoring the annoyed yells of the other maid she'd left the work for.

  A while later found me at my desk with a sizable stack of books next to me. There were several genres; romance novels, mysteries, textbooks, mythology stories.

A poetry book caught my eye and I started with that.
       -------------------------------------------------------------

  The next couple of days were probably the best I'd ever been treated since my mom died. No chores, no bitchy Mother and servants, my very own handmaiden (Kyung-soon was ecstatic) and tons of books to read.

  I was reading one of such books under the willow tree in the back garden when Kyungsoon came looking for me. She had a troubled expression.

 She had a troubled expression

"Agassi... your father said to prepare yourself. You're going out tonight."

  It was like someone had poured ice cold water on me.

  This whole fever dream... I was so caught up in all of it, revelling in the little joy and peace I got, I'd forgotten there was a catch. It was stupid, even to me. A laugh bubbled up my throat and slipped from my lips.

"Agassi...!"

  I waved her off, gesturing for her to know I'd  heard and that she was dismissed. My shoulders trembled from the laughter I was holding back. I finally let it out when she was gone, doubling over when it became overwhelming.

I finally stopped when my vision became blurry with unshed tears.

"So this is my life now?", I thought, "I'm fattened up then sent to be eaten...". I scoffed, clenching my jaw.

  Surprisingly, I was okay with it. If it meant I was finally being treated like a person of my class, then...so be it.
         -----------------------------------------------------------

  Walking behind my father in the dark corridor, I noticed that he was nervous. His hands fisted by his sides and he repeatedly licked his lips. I fought the urge to roll my eyes.

  Before I entered Gwi's chamber, Father held my shoulder.

"Don't do anything to anger him, understand?", he spat. I nodded and went in, although I was still puzzled on why he was so jumpy. Did something happen...?

"Get over here."

  I jumped. That was his voice alright, but it was different. I cautiously made my way over to him. He had his back to me when I saw him, then suddenly he turned to me.

It was like I was seeing a different person. The two times I'd met him, his eyes had a dark, but mischievous glint in them. Now, they were dark and cold. It... scared me.

He was in front of me in a second and I gasped as his cold fingers grasped my throat. He wasn't strangling me, but he looked like he would've liked to.

He shifted his gaze to meet mine and I swallowed. His lips stretched into a wicked grin, his fangs on display.

"Looks like they fattened you up for me, hm? How does it feel, Eunhee...?", he asked, stroking the side of my neck with his thumb. He leaned in and slowly licked the spot. It sent a shudder down my spine.

"How does it feel to be a bargaining chip?", he whispered. I gulped. He hummed against my skin, then grabbed my waist and pulled my body flush against his.

It all happened in a flash.

The only thing I felt was his teeth scraping my neck before he pierced my skin.

Hot. It felt hot. Searing heat spreading from my neck to the tips of my fingers. My legs buckled but Gwi's arm around my waist kept me upright as he drank his fill.

Black spots danced in my vision and I felt like I would pass out at any moment. Then, as quickly as it had began, the heat left. He unlatched his mouth from my neck and caught me when my legs gave way.

Gathering me in his arms, he strolled to his seat then sat down. He tilted my face then licked the thin stream of blood along my neck. I whimpered.

Making eye contact with me, he watched me for a while before finally speaking.

"Someone angered me today.", he said, tilting his head, "Did I scare you?"

Say no! Don't piss him off further!

"Yes."

  He stared at me with that dark look in his eyes, before he just... softened.

  I don't know how long I kept his gaze. I only snapped out from it when I realised that my fingers were about touch his cheek. I panicked, but before I could draw my hand back he grasped my wrist.

  I watched as he leaned into it, nuzzling into my palm. My breath hitched.

He looked ethereal. So different from the ice-cold person I came to meet.

"You're not leaving me, Eun-ah.", he suddenly said, gazing into my eyes, "You belong to me now."

"Yes."

He smiled at me, then pressed his lips to my wrist.

"Good girl."

        --------------------------------------------------------
Whew!
That was- that was sumthin. I just finished reading Dine with a Vampire last night (I cried) so uh...yh. This happened.
My writer's block has cleared up somewhat so as you're reading this I'm probably typing out the next chapter.
I'd like to remind y'all that my laptop is busted so I'm typing all this from my phone so bear with me.
Thanks for reading I hope you enjoy it and pray that the words keep flowing. I'm in this shit to the end.

BAI!💜