ℊℴ𝒹'𝓈 𝒶𝓇𝓉𝓌ℴ𝓇𝓀 - 𝒽𝓊𝒶𝓃ℊ 𝓇ℯ𝓃𝒿𝓊𝓃

𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒊𝒏: 26𝒕𝒉 𝑶𝒄𝒕𝒐𝒃𝒆𝒓 2020

renjun's pov

i shielded my eyes from the sun as i continued walking towards my house. school had ended awhile ago but i got out late because of the art club meeting. we're planning the annual art exhibit.

we were given 2 weeks to figure out what we're gonna create for the exhibit. after that, we have a one month preparation before the exhibit. i kicked the stones on the sidewalk as i think about what im going to create.

as i was walking, i saw a familiar girl entering the cafe from across the street. it's the girl from my art club, kim haemin. also my crush. she's not only known for having talent in art but also for her heterochromia eyes.

from where i stand, i could clearly see her different colored eyes. one being dark like the night sky while the other one was deep blue like the ocean. it reminded me of the first time i saw her.

flashback

summer is almost over. all of my friends were unavailable since they're busy preparing for the new term. i have prepared my school stuff since the early days of summer since mom didn't like being stuck in a long line at the mall just for a pair of shoes.

since i was bored, i decided to take a walk at the sunflower meadow near my house. as i reached the meadow, i saw an unfamiliar girl trudging through the sunflowers towards the bare patch in the middle.

she's wearing a mint coloured oversized t-shirt with 3/4 length jeans. she had a short hair and she's holding a sketchpad. now im not one to be interested in girls but this one intrigued me. i decided to take a look at her so i ran towards the big tree at the right side of the meadow.

the hot sun in front of her never once took her attention away from her sketchpad. she took one look at the orange sky and back to her sketchpad to capture the beautiful scenery with her own hands.

then i notice something. the sun reflected her irises which is the most beautiful thing i've ever seen. her eyes shine the most at the time. two different colors. one being dark brown and the other one being deep blue.

im lost in her eyes. im staring so much that i didn't realize my foot was caught in between the big roots. i tripped over it creating a big thud. i quickly hid behind the bushes realizing that she's turning her head towards my direction.

i peeked to see if she's still looking at me. her attention is now on her sketchpad but i could she was giggling and shaking her head from what happened just now.

i quickly pick up myself and ran from there hoping that she wouldn't think that i was spying her. but honestly she was ethereal. like a god's artwork.

flashback ended.

my thoughts snapped at the sound of the car honking at the street. i was thinking of her again. i quickly rushed home feeling happy now that i have an idea on what to paint for the exhibit.

two weeks passed. today is the first day of art exhibit preparation. ive got my things ready. now infront of me was an empty canvas ready to be splashed with paints.

everyone took their seats and started working. i saw haemin entered the arts and crafts room and out of all the seats, she chose to seat beside me. "hey renjun," she greeted. "h-hey,"

i gulped. this is going in either two ways.
she'll be my biggest motivation or i'll lose focus every ten seconds because she's so ethereal.

i'd never expect for us to get closer. but we did. she'd be the first one to initiate a conversation and we ended up having the best conversation. i thought i'll make things awkward but i don't feel awkward around her. not even a bit.

we'd stay longer in the arts and crafts room until everyone is home. sometimes to hangout, sometimes to chat while finishing our projects. we'd sometimes order bubble tea as well.

"renjun, you gotta show me what you're working on?" she begged as she wipe the brush off her apron. "no," i said. "why?" "because you're like the best painter here and i feel ashamed of my work to show you," she pouted. "you didn't have too,"

i shook my head still not giving the permission. "consider it as a surprise for you," she pouted even more and got up from her seat to wash her art equipments.

i want to show her but how could i when i literally drew a portrait of her. my feelings would be busted.
at the corner of my eye, i saw haemin putting back all the art supplies to their places.

"what? you're already finished?" i asked. she nodded proudly. "can i see?" i asked innocently. she made a bored face. "you didn't let me see yours so why should i?" "pleeassee" i begged. she rolled her eyes but took off the cloth covering her canvas anyway.

i stared at her painting in awe. it's a beautiful painting of the night city. the purple sky, the geometrical shapes of the building with bright colors, the orange lamp posts. it was breathtakingly beautiful.

"that was wonderful," i complimented. "you think? i don't think this is my best artwork," she retorted. "what do you mean? that's the best artwork i've seen so far," i disagreed.

"you're being too nice, junnie. but thanks," silence crept up on us as i was now focused on my work. "can't wait to see yours. at the exhibit," she spoke in annoyance. "

"it's a surprise, min. surprises makes the painting ten times better to look at," i said. she finally smiled, looking at me in the eye. "okay junnie," and there i was. lost again in the magical eyes of hers. i couldn't look away.

"uh, renjun? you're staring," i snapped out of thoughts blushing a little knowing that i just spaced out infront of her. "sorry, i was thinking about what color should i use next,"

haemin giggled. "you're funny, renjun,"

finally the day came. the art exhibit day. i was pretty nervous about my artwork. not only because a lot of people will look at it but also the fact that haemin is gonna find a portrait of her at the exhibit.

i went to school early so i don't bump into her in the morning. i know she'd be curious about my artwork. i carried the heavy canvas to the hall. i placed the artwork at the painting section.

this is the day that i'll be confessing my feelings for her. im genuinely scared.

haemin's pov

it's art exhibit day today. i've just placed my painting somewhere near the sculpture booth. i can't find renjun anywhere and i didn't know where he put his artwork.

i've been dying to see his painting. i still can't believe im actually friends with him. i used to be scared of him cause i heard from jeno that he's feisty. but he's not what people made him out to be.

in fact he's quite gentle. i might have a little crush on him. i gave up on finding him and decided to walk with jeno instead. i was too busy examining the sculptures that i didn't notice the crowd infront of that one painting.

"uhh haemin? i think you should see this," jeno called. i turned my head towards the crowd. when we went near, all heads turned at me. 'what's wrong,' i thought. and then i saw it. the painting.

little did i know, that renjun had been drawing me the whole time. the painting was gorgeous. it's a picture of me smiling in the middle of the sunflower meadows with a sketchpad on my lap.

the most beautiful thing was the way he painted my eyes. just like how the sunlight reflected on it. i grimaced. someone hugged my shoulders. jeno is no longer beside me.

"you like it?" it was renjun. i nodded completely speechless. "why would you paint me?" i asked. "because you are the god's artwork. and i wanna capture that," he said. i smiled at him. tears fell as he wiped it off.

"i like you," he whispered. "i like you too," i replied. he gave me a kiss on the cheek along with a bear hug. everyone cheered on us. i blushed while he smiled proudly. "let's get coffee afterwards," i said. "sure, angel,"

and we both strided down the hall looking at other artworks.

leaving jeno alone. "yup, just ditch me here,"