She couldn't guess his reaction. The last thing she wanted was to ruin their honeymoon.

"I thought we solved the romantic problem last night Mrs. Khan" he said with an impish grin to lighten the mood. She had been quiet all day.

Zoya could only smile.

"Are you okay?" He was suddenly worried. Had he finally overwhelmed his wife with his constant need for her?

"I was thinking of applying for some jobs after we wrap up the walima" she blurted out abruptly after a moment of silence.

"Why?" he responded thirty seconds later.

Why? Seriously Mr. Khan!

"Because I want to" she added firmly

Zoya braced herself to deliver the fifteen-minute-long speech she had prepped in advance. She would talk until he saw sense.

"Okay. Well I know a couple good firms that might be willing to take entry-level software engineers. We can go over your resume once we are home" he replied as a matter-of-fact going back to the menu in front of him.

A waiter appeared with two glasses of water and basket of breadsticks. "Vous avez choisi? Are you ready to order?"

"Just a moment please" Asad answered politely.

As the waiter left their table, his gaze settled on the surprised face of his wife. Her mouth had hit the floor would be an understatement.

He sighed, sadly, as he held her hand gently over the table. "I remember my promise Zoya."

To understand and change, for better, for you. His words came rushing back. She fell in love all over again.

"Just one thing if I may..." she nodded through wet eyes.

"You'll always have me to fall back on, every step of the way. I never want you to feel pressured."

I will always take care of you. You'll never be alone. Never deserted... like our parents

She understood without him saying it.

"I know" she said holding on tight

xx

Everything besides the time was clear.

The congregation of clouds softened the shine of the brilliant beaming sun. It was morning, late afternoon maybe? But he didn't care. The sound of their heartbeats thumping together was all he registered.

This was his favorite part of the day– well one of his favorites. Watching his lady love sleep.

It was peace, serenity.

His fingers lazily moved down the bare skin of her back. Many a night he had fantasised how her hair would look mussed from his hands, how her love burnished skin be aglow from the intimacy.

She felt delicate, like a fragile doll in his arms. It bowled him over; the strength she carried inside her.

It was their last day of honeymooning in the city of romance. He had vowed to make it count – he knew now, of the things that made her sigh and gasp and sink her fingers into his shoulders.

He peeled the sheets off her and woke her up to his kisses. Zoya's low moans sent him into a near frenzy, like he couldn't close the distance enough.

He bit, licked, loved. She blushed, moaned, bloomed.

Asad felt her shudder with overt pleasure. She pulled his face close with a sudden-fierceness and a million tiny pulse points made their appearance. Each kiss was a pleasure unmatched, each touch blitzed.

"I don't want to share you just yet" he panted after they were done.

"Let's run away then. We'll pretend like we boarded the wrong flight" Zoya drawled

Asad laughed "Sounds just like you Mrs. Khan"

She elbowed him. "Ouch"

"But you know what, I also can't wait to find out just what teenage Zoya was like" he turned towards her, elbow propped.

"Allah Miyan! What's wrong with you? She was obviously as amazing as she is now"

Of course, she was. Asad had no doubt about that.

"What if we met all those years ago, Asad?" His tummy did a back-flip at a mention of his name. He still wasn't used to it.

"Well...you would have driven me crazy then too" He got elbowed again "And I would have fallen just as crazily in love with you"

Crazily in love? If somebody had told her that one day Mr. Asad, the Akdu Ahmed Khan would say that after making some 'crazy' love to her, she would have laughed her head off.

She sealed the deal with a long, deep kiss.

Nothing more than carnal sighs bounced off the hotel walls for that day.

xx