Strawberry Powdered

Jeff pushes open the door to the doughnut shop, smiling as he takes in a delicious scent of icing of the sugary treats. Pausing at the door, he scans the interior of the shop through intrigued eyes.

Wooden tables and chairs frame the cozy room. Small flowers decorating the tabletops throw out their scent into the air. White laced curtains drape over the windows, and the sunlight streams through the lacy gaps in whimsical beams of light.

Jeff utters a happy sigh and strides over to the counter, where a young girl around his age, probably nineteen, sits, hunched over in a corner. Jeff reaches the counter, and takes his time scanning the doughnut options. At last, he smiles, finding his choice for that evening.

"Excuse me," he said, tapping lightly on the polished wooden table.

The girl jumps a little, obviously startled. Jeff sees her shift something from the counter to the drawer beneath. Could it be a book? He doesn't understand her actions. Then, looking at the girl's flustered expression, he realized he must've been rudely interrupting something. Anyway, he didn't need to know her private affairs.

With burning cheeks, Jeff looks at her and places his order. "One Strawberry Powdered doughnut, please. Oh---and make it a meal. Could I add one medium-sized cappuccino to go with that?"

She stares at him with a blank expression on her small face. Her eyes stand out, large and dark, on her pale translucent skin. Only, they do not twinkle, but look saddened and dull. Curly locks of dark chocolate hair cascade down her shoulders onto her red blouse.

She doesn't move, until Jeff repeats his order, clear and loud, for the second time. Jeff wonders why she looks so depressed. Even more, he begins to want to know more about this girl, with her sad eyes, and her secretive ways.

So deep in thought was he, that Jeff didn't notice her place his order on a small tray. "That would be eleven dollars, fifty-five cents, please." She says.

Snapping out of his stupor, Jeff hastily doled out the cash, and picked up his tray. Before walking off, he lingered around, unsure. Her voice just seeped with despondency, the way she handled herself...

it just did not feel right.

Jeff looks over his shoulder at the girl, who is now giving him confused looks. With a sigh, Jeff reminded himself to keep from poking into other people's business.

*****

With careful strokes, Jeff put down his name onto a neat while napkin and placed it next to his plate, where she would find it.

With a slight smile, Jeff got up and went to the door. As he passed her, he turned to look at her. Sensing his presence, she looks up with a slight accusing glance, covering her arms over what seemed to be a book.

Shrugging, Jeff made for the door. He pulled the handle, and a gust of cold air hit him in the face. Hastily, he tugged on his scarf, shielding his face.

With one last look back, he turned to see her arched over the counter, her back towards him.

With a sigh, Jeff walked away, wondering if she would ever find his name, or care about it.

A/N: Heyy all! I hope you like the start so far! Please vote and comment your thoughts, it would mean so much to me!

The story is about a doughnut shop (obviously) and a girl working in it. I'm wondering if I should make different POVs of people visiting the shop, or stick with Jeff? Any ideas? I hope you could learn to enjoy this book!

Please read my other book--- The Hate Wars! Also, I have recently started a book making operation, if you would like me to create a cover for you, please check out that book! :)

Thank you, and have a nice read! :)