ii. The Doctor Dances

Start from the beginning

"I do," the Doctor retorts, not looking at him. "Let me see." he gives me a pointed look.

I sigh, rolling my sleeve up my arm and holding my arm out for him. I wince in pain as the Doctor pokes it and then scans it with the sonic. "It's just bruised," he says, smiling and then ruffles my hair. I pout at the Doctor.

"Hey! Now I've got to redo it!" I whine and the Doctor chuckles. "And I told you that I was fine."

"Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks 'ooh, this could be a little more sonic'?" Jack asks the Doctor, scoffing.

"What? You've never been bored?" the Doctor turns to him, annoyed and agitated while I roll my sleeve back down, fix my hair and grab onto the Doctors hand. "Never had a long night. Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?"

"I thought it couldn't do wood?" I ask, not being able to help myself.

Lights suddenly flood the room and I see patients in the room sit up in their bed, all calling for their 'mummy'. Rose, who had her hand hovering over the light-switch stares at them in shock. "I'm sorry," she squeaks, hurrying over to me.

"Door," Jack calls and the four of us rush to the door as he tries to blast it open when we find it's locked, but it doesn't work. "Dammit!" he hits the side of his hand and moves out of the way so the Doctor could sonic it open. "It's the special features, they really drain the battery," he complains.

"The battery!?" I scoff as we head into the other room. "That's so lame." I roll my eyes.

The Doctor slams the door shut when we're all through and locks it back up with the sonic. I look around, seeing we're in some sort of storage room while Jack slumps down in a wheelchair. "I was gonna send for another one but somebody's got to blow up the factory," he spits, glaring at the Doctor.

"Oh, I know," Rose says, smiling and sitting down on a desk. "First day I met him, he blew up my job!"

"He read my journal when I first met him. Bit private that journal is and I never let anyone read it but I let him do it. Didn't know why I did but now I do," I tell Jack.

"That's practically how he communicates," Rose laughs.

"Ok, that door should hold it for a bit," the Doctor nods to the door, stepping into the room fully.

"The door? The wall didn't stop it!" Jack scoffs.

"He's got to find us though," I retort.

"Exactly," the Doctor says, smiling at me. "Now, come on! Assets! Assets!"

"Well... I've got a banana and at a pinch, you could put up some shelves," Jack jokes, rolling his eyes.

"Window," the Doctor offers, rushing over and hopping on the bench to look through it.

"Barred, sheer drop outside, seven stories," Jack shakes his head.

"And no other exits," Rose puts in.

"Well, the assets conversation went in a flash, didn't it?" Jack rolls his eyes again.

"So," the Doctor begins, turning to Rose. "Where'd you pick this one up, then?"

"Doctor," she sighs.

"They were both hanging from a barrage balloon and I had an invisible spaceship," Jack mutters.

"What!" the Doctor exclaims looking at me.

"I did tell you this, Doctor," I tell him.

"Yeah, but a barrage balloon?!"