𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

Começar do início

"Y/N, I-"

"No. I am done making excuses for you. I'm sorry that I was such a hardship for you. And I'm sorry that I caused affliction on your stupid reputation. So I guess I lied, I do feel like shit. Cause I know for a fact, that if you didn't win, I'm sure you would actually have time for me." I turned on my heels and began walking away from the situation, the eyes on me, slowly increasing in numbers.

"Please wait-"

"No. You're not that respectful and humble Hufflepuff that I met on the train last year. You're a vain, arrogant and fame-obsessed so called 'champion'. You know, if you didn't want me around, it would have hurt a lot less for you to have told me. I get it, I'm not this accomplished, perfect student that your parents probably wanted, but I tried. I really, really did. But you didn't. It would have been nice to get something back." 

I never had imagined such heartbreak. And that I would be the one to cause it. It was like one day a puzzle piece fell from my heart, as if it no longer belonged there. "So you can forget the ball, I didn't think you would have asked me anyway. We're done, Cedric. Have a nice life."

This time I did walk away, and I didn't look back. I couldn't help but feel as though I had made a mistake. He was this sunshine in my life and he probably meant no harm. But it was done now and I guess I would have to live in a dull darkness for the rest of my time at this school.

•·················•·················•

The Slytherin common room was empty. And thank god for that. It made me wonder where everyone had run off to, as if I cared. But honestly, I was glad I was alone, even if it was my birthday. As soon as I stepped foot in the shadowy room, I felt my eyes ball out. 

"Y/N? Is that you?" the gentle voice belonged to Adrian. I guess I was wrong about the apparently not abandoned room. 

"Ade?"

"Yeah it's me. Is everything alright?" he stood up from the sofa and out of the darkness that created the Slytherin common room. 

"Not exactly."

"Wanna talk about it." I shook my head and he lead me to the sofas by the window and we took a seat next to each other. "Okay...well do you want to talk in general then?"

"That would be nice. What are you doing here? Alone I mean."

"I could ask you the same thing."

"Like I said, I'd rather not discuss the fact I just broke my own heart by breaking up with the one good thing in my life right now."

"You broke up with Cedric?" I gave him a look, "right, we don't need to talk about it." he paused, "oh." he stood up and grabbed something off the sofa he was once sat on. "I never got to give you this."

"Ade, you didn't have to-" he shoved the pretty large box onto my lap to stop me from saying anything else. I untied the bow and lifted the lid. There, folded neatly, was a green and silver jumper, like an older version of the current Slytherin Quidditch ones. I lifted it up and turned it around. It was slightly different to the ones we had now; like I said, older. On the back was the word 'y/l/n' imprinted elegantly. My eyes had lit up. "Is this...?"

"Yeah it is."

"But how did you even get this?" I questioned.

"Well it wasn't exactly easy, but it turned out your dad had left a lot of his old quidditch robes and jumpers and I thought you might have appreciated one of them. Sooo, I owled your parents, if thats okay, and pulled a few strings with the school, as most of them were on display and-" 

I placed a small peck on his cheek and hugged him tightly. "Ade. That's amazing. I can't believe you did all that just for my birthday present."

"Well, you deserve it. And I miss playing on the field with you and I can't believe we won't get to do it again."

"I miss it too." I stared into his eyes for a moment.

"Well, I'm pretty tired, so I'm just going to..." he gestured to the dorms.

"Its 8:30 Ade." I said chuckling.

"I like my sleep." he laughed, heading up the stairs, "night Y/N. Oh and happy birthday."

But before he was completely out of view, I stopped him, without thinking, honestly, "hey Ade?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you have a date to the ball?"

He smiled, "uh no, actually."

"Do you by any chance want to go with me?" I shrugged.

"It would be an honour." he smiled and left me alone.

Part of me felt bad by asking Adrian. I had only just ended things with Cedric. But Adrian had been about the only person that actually seemed to care how I was doing. And he had always been there for me, from the beginning. We were going together as friends. Just as friends. 

•·················•·················•

y'all hate me don't you? i can tell.
oh god im sorry.