Arrival

"Ji Hye pleaseeeeee I am begging you. Come with me to the airport. I'll babysit the the kids for a week. Come on, Ji Hye. Pleaseeeeee"

The head of legal has been watching her bestfriend begging her for the last twenty minutes to accompany her to the airport. The chairwoman's old friends are arriving in London in three days time and she is asking the head of legal to accompany her.

Ji Hye didn't know what was all the fuss for. Why does she need to welcome them in the airport? Can't she simply ask her senior secretary to lead the welcoming party? Why did she even agree when she can't let them see her face? Those questions lingered in her mind for the past twenty minutes.

The head of legal stood up from her chair before walking towards the sofa in her office where her bestfriend was seated. She brushed her fingers softly on Ye Jin's hair before pinching her ear.

"Ouchhhh Yah Seo Ji Hye, what was that for?" The chairwoman crossed her arms and pouted her lips before staring at her best friend.

That was when Ji Hye realized where her children learned the pouty lips and puppy eyes when they are asking for something from their mother. They learned it from their Aunt Ye Jin.

"Aigoooo Son Ye Jin. Stop with those puppy eyes and pouty lips. It only works when my children does it." With that Ye Jin returned to the prim and proper, almost stone cold façade that she created to mask her vulnerability.

The head of legal carefully observed how the chairwoman have once again locked herself away. Ji Hye can't help but think to herself when will her best friend ever let her guard down fully.

She made her way towards the chairwoman who has turned her attention to the pile of documents stacked neatly on her desk. Ji Hye sat on the chair across her best friend before speaking.

"Fine. I'll join you in welcoming them. I'll be able to see Hyo Jin again and maybe you'll need a hand when you see your dashing ex boyfriend."

Ye Jin's ears perked up upon hearing the head of legal's statement. She released the contract in her hands before looking at the woman across her.

"Thank you for agreeing but let me correct you. I am certain that I'll be fine once I see him. No jittery feeling or anxiety. No. Nothing. If you'll excuse I have a lot of things to do. Thank you for your time you may go back to your office, Atty. Seo."

Ye Jin was a bit stern when she uttered those words. If Ji Hye didn't know better, she would've thought that her best friend hates her but she knew better. She knew that Ye Jin was really anxious over this whole reunion. She knew that the chairwoman did was bothered of the thought of seeing her ex after 15 years.

The head of legal didn't attempt to push her best friend further. Instead, she rose from her chair and bowed respectfully to her boss before exiting through the sliding glass doors.

That was how Ji Hye found herself in the VIP Waiting Area of London Heathrow International Airport.

The head of legal was actually growing impatient because the person who begged her to be part of the welcoming party was still not in the VIP Waiting Area.

The chairwoman's senior secretary informed her that her boss is already on the way to the airport. Apparently, Ye Jin dozed off after a three-hour meeting with a client.

The arrival of the aircraft was announced in the waiting area which made the security staff stand in attention. At the same time, the double doors of the waiting area swung open.