14| •水晶と昆虫•

Start from the beginning

The intruder tensed up at the word from the shadowed figure. Unsheathing one's nichirin sword with an insignia written of 'destroy demons' below the handle of the sword. As one's pale violet eyes gleaming with determination to defeat the foe.

" Ara. Ara. It seems I've been sort of slacking to the point that one demon notices this slayer."

The mentioned demon stood up with elegance and draws oneself to the light, revealing a woman's figure. Her sharp claws tap leisurely at the tessen fan she holds.

" To what this one owes to a human slayer. Ah, it should be a lady. Forgive me." Widening her eyes innocently with a tone of voice that mocks the human.

"My. My. What a polite demon you are. Sadly, I would have to kill you. It's best if we don't turn out to be friends." The slayer reveals herself. She possesses long, straight hair as butterfly clips were adorned on each side of her head. Lastly, wearing both a black demon slayer outfit with a haori that imitates the color of a butterfly.

" This one prefers solitude. For this one doesn't take lightly of some insect interrupting an important one." replied the woman with periwinkle wavy hair that reaches her waist.

The two women stared off with a challenging look. The other woman remains to relax in her form while the black-haired woman grips tightly her nichirin sword.

The demon smirks at her, revealing a sharp fang from her ruby lips. The silence is stiffening and neither of the two had yet made a move to attack each other. Hiding on the corner of the darkroom was Natsuo. The crow feared that the human slayer would notice it. The crow decided to move away from the impending battle between the two.

Natsuo didn't want to witness its master fighting. It's best if a mere crow-like him to flee. Much to its dismay, the glare of light blue eyes made the bird stayed. No, a bird-like him would be scolded again by its master.

The periwinkle blue-eyed woman draws her gaze at the slayer who's running steadfastly in her direction, her sword ready to aim at her. She hums as her eyes steeled to the approaching swordswoman. She moves her hand with a tessen fan as she anticipates the strike of the human.
.
.
.
.
.

.

.

.
" Flower breathing Fifth Form: Peonies of Futility." The ravenette woman thrust her sword whilst speeding her momentum to the demon. A graceful flurry of nine consecutive strikes closes into the figure of the other woman.

Clash

Each sparred attacks have been consecutively deflected by one tessen fan, gliding it forward as the demon elegantly dances and swiftly ducks at the fast strike aiming at her head.

Noticing this, the demon slayer distances herself as she wields the sword in a horizontal position. At the same, utilizing the total concentration breathing.

»»----- 𝓐 𝓕𝓸𝔁'𝓼 𝓢𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓷𝓭𝓲𝓹𝓲𝓽𝔂 -----««

Hours of continuous battles reflected on the human's form sweats from her forehead and panting difficulty to the point that her frail hands tremble as she forces herself to fight without rest. An admirable feat for she still displays a determined expression to slay the enemy.

" Demon-san. You're quite strong. Usually, the ones I've slain had been finished at this time." The slayer smiles, masking the brewing frustration that keeps building up within her.

No. I must remain calm. This is no time for me to act recklessly.

I need to find out the demon's weakness.