ʀᴇsᴜʟᴛs : Horror / Paranormal

Congratulations to everyone because nobody is a loser

Congratulations to everyone because nobody is a loser. If you didn't win, you can always come back and try again next time.

Secondly, the judges deserve a standing ovation for their speedy and accurate judging. Let's give it to them. Tag your judge and appreciate them. 👏🏽👏🏽

In no particular order, the results :

The White Jackel
senioratlas25

94 / 100

The title doesn’t give anything about the contents of the book but it does sound lurid and ominous. The cover is eerie with its muted palette, and invokes a dark web feel to it, with elements like the fading woods and a man in an animal mask. The blurb is effective in telling the reader what they should expect. All around, there was some minor problems with grammar, wording and agreement, nothing that could affect the understanding or the enjoyment of the reader.

The author has a heavily descriptive writing style that suits the genre. It managed to put me in that spooky cabin right beside the protagonist. The narrative was so detailed and on point that actually added an almost sensorial feel. At times the rooms in which the character roamed were so nicely portrayed that pushed a claustrophobic nature to the narrative, which is a nice feat. The author created a fully realized world. I was very impressed by it.

Peter is a well-rounded character. It took some balls to write this proud, weary Professor/ghost whisperer/ paranormal detective, that goes so much against the grain, regarding what we usually see in this platform. Kudos for the courage, creativity and for doing a darn good job at it.

Favorite line: “The creaking planks of the cabin made him jump a bit, as he heard footsteps of someone, walking, almost dragging them, across the wooden floor downstairs. He knew it was a bad idea to come in here. He had been warned but did he listen? No. Of course not”.