16. Far From the Tree

Start from the beginning

Kinda. 

Maybe. 

Whatever. The important thing is that it seems like he's managed to get through to his incredibly nervous boyfriend despite not actually knowing what the hell is going on. 

"Alright...yeah, that makes sense. Thank you, baby. You always seem to know how to get me outta my head." 

Katsuki's smile widens at the praise he receives, blushing as Hitoshi reaches up to hold Katsuki's hand to his cheek. He turns to press a kiss into his palm. 

"I love you." 

"Y-Yeah?" 

"Yeah." Hitoshi chuckles as he leans forward, his lips ghosting against Katsuki's own. "Gimme some love." 

Katsuki responds by leaning into the kiss, fingers carding through Hitoshi's wild and hellacious head of hair as the older man hums his satisfaction. "God damn, I love those lips." He groans as he pulls away and Katsuki bubbles into a soft laugh. "You're too much." He accuses him and Hitoshi snickers, offering him that cocksure grin that Katsuki has come to love.

"Let's get this shit over with. You wanna stay in the car or---" 

"People are trying to kidnap me, Hitoshi." 

"Ooo, I forgot about that." 

"What?!" 

"Nevermind. C'mon, get your little fine ass outta the car so I can introduce you to my old man." He insists, reaching over to open  Katsuki's door for him before opening his own and stepping out. "This could go one of two ways." 

"Yeah? What's that?" Katsuki asks, pausing to stretch his legs to relieve them of the stiffness they felt. They must've been driving for hours. 

Hitoshi sighs. "Well, this could either be a heartfelt reunion with a whole lot of banter and shit talking or this could be an incredibly awful and awkward meeting that ends in utter disappointment for everyone involved." 

"Which one are you hoping for?" 

"I'm probably going to be embarrassed either way." 

"You're not very much of an optimist, are you?" 

"Fuck optimism; daddy's a realist, Kitty Kat. C'mere. You know the rules; stay close." 

"Yeah, yeah, I'm coming." 

Katsuki quickly rounds the car, tucking tightly at Hitoshi's side as the chilly morning wind makes him shiver. Hitoshi is more than happy to share the heat from his body, arm looping around Katsuki's slim waist as he approaches the door. "You could've kept my coat on if you were cold, baby. You're not dressed for this kind of weather." He says, giving Katsuki a once over. Katsuki mumbles an apology under his breath but Hitoshi disregards it with a kiss to his temple, rubbing up and down Katsuki's bare arms to warm him up a bit more. 

Hitoshi raises a hand to open the door when it cracks open on its own. He pauses a moment and takes a step back, expecting for the door to open completely but it never does. 

"Are you gonna stand there all morning? Hurry up, you're letting all of the heat out." Comes distant and slightly muffled through the door. 

Hitoshi and Katsuki share a look with one another but Hitoshi complies to the gruff and exasperated voice by lightly pushing the door open with his foot. He's greeted by the sight of a dimly lit living room. He doesn't see anyone as he walks in and feels himself become a bit nervous; had he imagined that voice before? Surely not. Katsuki had heard it too, didn't he?