Chapter four

Jack's POV

  It's been a week since my first full moon, and I'm starting my first day of school today.

  During the week, my... dad, has been teaching me about our culture and about our family.

  Like, C.B. isn't a girl, like he had to tell our family.

  Apparently, omegas have a working reproductive system, no matter the gender, so when he had Sondra, River, and Marko, he had to say something to explain C.B.

  Speaking of C.B. and the kids, they didn't mind me suddenly being in the family, in fact, they were excited about it.

  Sondra, River, and Marko, all felt excited about having an older brother to play with.

  C.B. already knew since the beginning who I was, and always had to keep his distance. I felt confused about that until dad explained that omegas have maternal instincts that take over when they find mom-less pups, which I was at the time, so he could never get as close to me as he wanted to.

  Though he understood that it would take some time for us to warm up to each other, and didn't mind that I called him C.B., as long as it wasn't 'Aunt C.B.' and hoped that one day I would call him mom.

  Back to the matter at hand, today is my first day of school.

  C.B. made eggs and bacon, which I'm glad of because I hate sweets in the morning, even when I was a toddler. Found out I'm not the only one, dad and Marko hate eating sweet things in the morning, too.

  (ME: True story, on my mom's side I'm the only sweet hater in my family, on my dad's side, most of them hate sweets.)

  After breakfast, I rinsed my dish and put it in the sink.

  I got my navy blue backpack and ran to the truck, getting into the passenger seat.

  Despite our location, the elementary school was right around the corner, while the high-school was over two miles away and on the way to dad's work, so he offered to drop me off.

  The school I was going to was disguised as a school for troubled youths, which it was, but troubled werewolf youths. According to dad, werewolves are more aggressive at the age we're at, because of the awakening of our heightened senses and lack of control, so we go to school to learn to control our wolf side.

  We had to get there half an hour early, so I could get my schedule and locker code.

  I walked down the hall 'till I saw a door that said, 'Principal's office'.

  'Well, that was easy', I thought to myself.

  I walked in, and saw another kid in the chair in front of me, with their back to me.

  The principal, a pale young man that looked to be in his late twenties in a gray suit, stood up. His brunette hair was brushed back to not cover his hazel eyes.

  "Oh, you must be Jackson," He assumed, "I'm Principal Walker, this young boy here is my son, Erin Walker."

  The boy in the chair stood up to face me.

  His eyes were a chocolate brown, his hair raven black was layered and stopped an inch away from the shoulders, and his skin the color of cream. The height difference was noticeable as he seemed to be around 5'3.

  For a moment his eyes flashed silver, and I felt my eyes flash red, in response.

  I remember my dad explaining this. He said there was a prime omega at this school, and that his wolf eyes were silver.

  He explained that when a prime alpha and a prime omega meet, their eyes flash, as if to check each other out.

  He also said the same thing happens when prime alphas and prime omegas meet. As a way to scope out the competition.

  His eyes glowed with amusement, "So the rumors were true, you are a prime alpha."

  "I'm guessing you're the prime omega my dad spoke of," I replied with a smile.

  "I guess, Erin Walker," He introduced, holding his hand out to shake.

  "Jackson Jones," I simply said, shaking his hand, "But call me Jack."

  "Nice to meet you, Jones. I'll be your student guide, since we have the same classes," He said with a smirk.

  In front of us, Principal Walker pretend pouted, "Erin, you stole my lines and now I have nothing to do."

  Erin walked towards the door with a paper in his hands, "Ignore him, he's more of a baby than an adult. Come along, we got a locker to find."

  "Bye, bye," The principal said in a child-like voice.

  I ran out the door to catch up to Erin. He walked quickly and went up a flight of stairs.

  "I-I don't mean to be rude, in any way," I began, "But do you know where you're going? You're not looking at the paper."

  He turned to me with a smirk and joked, "The fool, I call a father, decided it would be better for us to be locker neighbors."

  I had to laugh. He stopped in front of a locker.

  "Locker 213, this is your locker, the code is 8-17-25," He said before turning to the locker next to it.

  After we both got our books, he turned to me and said, "Ready for your first day?"