Chapter One

10:34am, Art Classroom, JFK

I sighed quietly as I walked into class late, everyone was busy doing work while the teacher was walking about the class helping people as she walked by. I shrugged and made my way up back as most of the seats at the front were taken. I waved passing people I knew or were friends with and soon took a seat next to a redhead bloke.

He was quietly sketching away in what I presumed was his own drawing book and to be honest I caught glimpse of what he was drawing and it looked amazing. Better than what I could ever draw but I really needed the grade though not as much for what I'm wanting to do. I'd love to try and further a career in American football or at least something sporty like it. It was a passion of mine and even if it didn't seem like I shown any interest I do mean well.

The teacher soon walked over with hands on her hips as she gave me a disapproving scowl.
"So Mr. Kennedy thought you could sneak past me without getting caught." She asked rhetorically as I glanced up at her and shrugged as she shook her head.

"Well you missed this mornings task you'll be partnering up with the person beside you to work on a sculpture, this will both get you a good grade and will show that you can work well in a team." The teacher sighed as she soon strutted back towards her desk and took a seat. I gently slid off my bag nodding as I glanced back over towards the quiet redhead. He kept his eyes towards his page as his eyes slowly trailed up towards mine.

"So we're partners eh." I spoke as he looked askance and slowly nodded with a low hum. I nodded back and left him be for the time being as he seemed a bit nervous. God knows why I thought of myself as a friendly guy, sure I mean I can come off as a bit of a jerk and I can be quite intimidating but I swear I'm not as bad as I seem.

"Excuse me small er ginger man, may we exchange ah numbers?" I asked as I noticed his face scrunch up and he sighed.
"Sure.." he mumbled softly ripping out a bit of paper from the back of his book and began writing down his number as I done the same and we soon exchanged the numbers and I shoved the slip of paper into my pocket as he slipped it into his jacket.

"Thank you, I'm JFK by the way but you can call me John..what's yours?" I asked as the ginger bloke shuffled in his seat closing his sketch book as he rested an elbow down onto it as his palm held his head.
"It's Van Gogh...but you can call me Vincent if you must.." he spoke quietly as I smiled.

"That's nice...wait er ah minute weren't you the kid that Gandhi ehh exposed through the teen crisis call at my party?" I asked as he frowned rolling his eyes as he glanced off with a scoff. Maybe I shouldn't of asked but it's not like I can take back what I said. I mentally sighed as I gently placed my hand on his shoulder as he glanced back.

"Hey uhh you don't need to answer I er am sorry if that was insensitive." I spoke awkwardly as his frown slowly lifted to a some what surprised yet sorrowful expression as he slowly nodded.
"Well..Thank you...I guess it means a lot.." Vincent mumbled with a small weak smile as his eyes scrunched gently as he smiled. I noticed how tired he looked and how lean and scruffy he was, had he always looked like this or was this because of Gandhi.

"It's no eh problem." I answered back as I gently removed my hand from his back and ran it through my hair. Vincent fidgeted with the rim of his bandage perhaps fixing it in place as his leg bounced gently.

"I uhh was wondering when you are free to work on the er ah project?" I asked as he clasped his hands while twiddling his thumbs.
"Well I'm free tomorrow if you'd like to..stop by my place to work on it..." redhead cooed.
"Sure sounds fine to eh me." I smiled as he shyly smiled back as he glanced down at his sketch book soon grabbing it and held it towards his chest in a protective manner.
"Well it's a date then." I smirked as Vincent's eyes found there way to me while his cheeks blushed faintly as he shook his head with a soft chuckle.

"Don't call it that you'll only confuse me.." he smiled as I chuckled gently nodding as the bell soon rung. Everyone shuffled out of their seats and made their way out of the class for History if I remembered correctly. I soon stood up grabbing my backpack and glanced down at the tiny redhead.

"Well guess I'll see you around." I hummed as he frowned gently shaking his head as I shrugged.
"We have the same class.." he scoffed as I stood for a moment thinking with a frown of my own as I awed dumbly. Vincent tutted as I chuckled awkwardly with a grin.

"Well uhh would you like to head up ah together?" I offer as he shrugged which I took as a yes and we soon exited the classroom.