CHAPTER NINETEEN: IT'S HER

3RD POV
[I'll be using this POV for this chapter because our two main protagonists are not in this chapter. This happened when Levi and Adelaide went to Garisson Regiment's Headquarters to speak with General Pixis.]

-------------------

Just after Levi and Adelaide headed off to the Garisson Regiment's HQ, Erwin, Hange and Eren thought of what could Adelaide say to them. Based on her reaction, attitude and facial expression earlier, she was scared, shocked and didnt know what to do.

"Seems likely it's something heavy." Erwin speculated.

"True. She really did look like she was scared." Hange seconded.

Eren on the other hand wasnt focusing on the two, thus, he was being consumed by his sudden day dream of memories once again.

If he is not wrong, it looks like a memory of a scout. A female scout who could also see the future. Could also control the titans.

Ymir is showing him a scout named Matilda Arkenson. Maria's descendant.

Matilda was the only child of the Arkenson main family clan. Her family was a famous merchant back then in Shiganshina. She's friends with his father, Grisha.

"Is she a titan? Like Dad?" Eren wondered.

As his day dream goes by, Matilda told Grisha about her ability and that Grisha was a subject of Ymir, her ancestor.

Grisha helped Matilda harness her ability to see the future and to control the titans. She practiced her ability through Grisha turning into his titan form so she could try controlling him. Everyday they tried until eventually, Matilda got the score.

And then she finally mastered the ability to see the future.

"I'll have two beautiful children." She told Grisha.

"I'll have one here too, soon." He said.

"To Carla?" She asked and Grisha nodded.

"Wait. You know Keith has feelings for her-"

"I cannot undo things, Mat. You know how hard I tried stopping your death." He said. Matilda sighed and just smiled softly.

"It's better this way right? At least I know I'll end up with him." She smiled with the thought of her and her long time crush ending up together.

"Besides, my daughter will be with someone whom I trust one day." She trailed off.

"Is this the boy we saw in the underground? The newborn child you held?" She nodded.

"Kuchel will die not long from now. Levi will be taken care of his uncle and then he'll be strong. He'll join the scouts. I'll meet him again there." She said

"They knew Levi?" Eren uttered.

" The ackermans are known to be the King's sword here. Not until they found out that the clan's memories cant erased. They were exrcuted. That explains why I met some ackermans here" Grisha said.

"Grisha..." Matilda trailed off. He looked at her.

"My son. He wont live that long either." She said. Tears shed from her eyes.

"When?"

"When he turns twenty, just not long after he became commander of the scouts. He'll get eaten but-"

"Mat-Dont think too much. You know the divine rule. We can just see the future, but we cant actually manipulate them to undo things." Grisha explained. Matilda sighed and nodded.

"My daughter will get pregnant at seventeen-"

"That's young-"

"Levi's gonna be the father." Grisha looked shocked.

"Wait. When will you give birth to the child?"

"When Levi will be eighteen." She answered.

"B-But isnt he kinda old for her-"

"Who knows why. I can see in their relationship that Levi will love my daughter so much." She said

"Your daughter, the reincarnation of Ymir will save humanity in the future." Grisha said. Matilda smiled.

"Eren will be with her. They both will."

"Eren will be a beast friend to her in my memory." Grisha said.

"Yeah. What a life we have Grisha." They both just chuckled.

Before the day dream stopped, Eren saw Matilda's faceless daughter in the near future, facing in front of a demonic looking titan, holding two blades in his hands.

She will touch its face. Before Eren could hear what She said, he was awakened by Hange.

"Eren! You kept murmuring." Hange hissed.

"You were day dreaming." Mikasa said before handing him a cup of water.

"What did you see?" Erwin asked.

"I need to see Matilda Arkenson." He said. The two were shocked. They just realized why would Eren saw the late captain.

"W-What do you want from her?" Hange asked.

"She's in my memory. Dad knows her. They were friends back then"

"W-Wait say what!?" Hange cannot believe what she's hearing.

"That couldnt be. Why would Matilda be in your memory-" Erwin wasnt able to finish his sentence when Eren spoke.

"Matilda Arkenson is a descendant of Ymir. She could control titans and see the near future!" For the first time Eren saw Hange shed a tear.

"H-How. W-Why-Matty." Moblit went to her side and calmed her down. Erwin on the other hand looked sad, and regretful.

"S-She's gone. A few years ago." He said. Then Eren wasnt able to feel doubtful so he revealed the other one he saw.

"Then could I speak to her daughter?" He asked. The two looked sympathetic.

"It's best if we put Mat's daughter out of this-"

"Matilda's daughter, she's Ymir's reincarnation! I need to see her daughter!" He said frantically. The two looked at each other with shock.

"She wont be a titan but she inherited her mother's abilities." Eren added.

"I need to see her commander. This is for humanity" Eren pleaded.

"Matilda, she's the captain of the squad me, Mike, Hange, Moblit and Levi belonged." Eren didnt understand why they suddenly told him any of this.

"She's the late wife of general pixis." Erwin said. Eren's eyes widened as the realization came to him.

"And if you're asking why we're telling you this. It's because the daughter you're looking for is actually Adelaide. Matilda and Dot's youngest daughter.

And that moment, Eren couldnt help but breathe faster than normal.

Adelaide's the reincarnation of Ymir.

She's the foundress. The controller of all time and entity.

Totally the powerful person alive as of the moment.

And he needs to talk to her.

They have to before she'll be in the hands of the enemy. If that happens, Eldia will fall. Levi will be killed. All of them.

So Eren needs to explain Adelaide everything who looked like she couldnt believe what she learned based on her expression earlier.

It's just a matter of the point that Adelaide will be their greatest aly. Or their end.

And they must make sure Adelaide's on the right path.

Because right now, she needs to embrace her foundress being.

Adelaide, the Founding Goddess.

"I'll be damned." Reiner suddenly said as he was listening from the window with Bertholdt the whole time.