You realized that you didn't plan on a meeting place. You were about to text him but when you made a turn, you spotted him at the bottom of the stairs. He was leaning on the wall, a lighted cigarette in between two fingers.

"Hey!" you said as you walked down the stairs.

Ukai's POV

When I heard her approaching, I quickly put out my cigarette.

"Hey." I replied. "Let's go?"

I was feeling kinda embarrassed for impulsively proposing to get food with (name)-chan at this time, but I really did want to spend some time with her.

I've been working on Hinata and Kageyama's new move. If Kageyama can make a set that gives Hinata some time to decide where to direct the ball HA HA. The others probably think we suck now, but it's not because we're slacking off.

The cigarette butt was still in between my two fingers, which I think is why Nekomata-chan was looking at me expectantly.

"Don't worry, I always put it out when you're around." I say as I hold the cigarette butt up for her to see. Then I threw it in the garbage can we passed by.

"Then i should probably stick around 24/7 so that you'd quit." she says softly.

"What?" I want to hear that again.

"WHAT?!" she says, flustered. She had a light tint on her cheeks.

"What did you just say?" I clarified, now uncertain I heard the right thing.

"Where do you want to eat?" She says looking away from me.

"You can choose. I'm not familiar with the area." I gave her a weak smile.

"Alright then."

🐱🐱🐱

Nekomata-chan was seated across from me in what looked like a regular restaurant. There weren't a lot of people.

"So Ukai-kun, when's your birthday?"

"April 5, 1986." I say as I look through the menu.

"Oh really?"

"When's yours?" Oh wait no. I'm not supposed to ask.

"(Birth month and day), 1989."

"Three year gap? Ain't bad." I smirk.

Your POV

You were all flustered but laughed to hide it. Can he not flirt as a joke? Thank God for the waitress came in just in time. You had no idea how to respond to what he just said. You haven't even recovered from earlier. i should probably stick around 24/7 so that you'd quit, you replay in your mind mockingly. You didn't realize that you had said it loud enough to hear.

You ordered (pick anything Japanese), the menu shielding your face from Ukai's sight. Ukai-kun ordered his Oyakodon. Then, when the waitress was done taking your order she took the shield away from you. You were forced to converse with the man in front of you.