Three - New Bosses In Town

Start from the beginning

“We’d love to hang out with you” she smiled at Dana with a playful glint in her eye. “Wouldn’t we guys?” she asked turning to the rest of us. I smiled at Kara. She was always like this…teasing people. 

‘uh’s and ‘uhm’s were muttered around the group as they looked away trying to avoid answering. Jaigo rolled his eyes but looked straight at Dana giving her his famous smirk, that he gave any human he came into contact with. I think he was just always excited to meet weird creatures. 

“Actually, yes, we would. I wouldn’t mind hanging out with her.” Jaigo spoke up, glancing up at Dana and winking. The human flushed, her cheeks turning red. 

“Actually, that won’t be happening. I don’t want my girlfriend hanging out with certain types of people” a voice interrupted. I looked up to see – what’s his name…Connor? Yes, Connor wrapping his arm around Dana’s petite waist and pulling her into his side. Dana rolled her eyes but smiled nonetheless. 

“And what types of people would that be?” Jaigo challenged daringly. I stared on in amusement. This human just doesn’t give up but Jaigo was always up for a fight and he wouldn’t hesitate to kick a human ass just because they are weaker – he was a wolf after all, even though he was my third in command. 

Connor glanced away nervously, scowling and muttering something under his breath. My eyes widened as my sensitive hearing picked up the angry ‘stupid fags’ that came from him. Jaigo jumped up from his seat, seething. I could see his internal fight with his wolf for control.

“I think you should leave, Connor” I warned in an alpha tone, trying not to get pissed off. This human had some nerve insulting us like that. 

“Who the hell do you think you are? You can’t just show up here and decide that you are going to rule this school. No, that position has been filled as you can see” He retorted rudely, gesturing a bunch of humans of similar build to his, all wearing the same jackets. I glanced at them and then back at him. 

“Well, then maybe it’s time for new leadership” I answered coolly, standing up and giving him a cold stare. I couldn’t tolerate the insolence coming off of this human in waves. His rudeness was unnecessary and wrongly placed. I could crush him like the pathetic pest he is and bury in an unmarked grave where no one would find him. I doubt anyone would miss this idiot.

The bunch of humans that he had gestured stood up and rushed over to our table. I looked at them amusedly. What were they going to do? Intimidate us to death? There were only about 18 of them, all standing behind Connor and his girlfriend who was wriggling uncomfortably in his grip. He only tightened it as his eyes blazed in anger, making her stiffen and keep still. The jocks – I believe they call them – puffed out their chests daringly, scowling at us. I couldn’t contain the laughter that came out of my mouth. Really? They thought they could take us. The whole pack started to snigger at the humans’ attempt to intimidate us. They may outnumber us by 3 and be only guys but even our women were stronger than their men. 

I held a hand up to silence them, barely containing my own laughter. “Come on, guys, don’t laugh at them… They don’t know that they don’t stand a chance” I chuckled to my pack.