"Everyone ready?" said Professor Lupin. I felt a knot in my stomach, but I nodded.

"On the count of three, Neville," said Professor Lupin, who was pointing his wand at the handle of the wardrobe. "One— two— three— now!"

The wardrobe burst open and Professor Snape stepped out. Neville backed away, his wand up.

"R— r— riddikulus!" squeaked Neville. There was a noise like a whip crack. Snape stumbled; he was now wearing a dress and a towering hat topped with a large vulture, and he had a red handbag. Everyone started laughing.

Professor Lupin shouted, "Parvati! Forward!" Parvati went. "Seamus!" roared Lupin. Seamus went. My classmates came forward, one after another, and the boggart turned into one thing after another. Finally, it was my turn. I stepped forward, prepared to face the snake.

But there was no snake. Suddenly, my sister appeared in front of me.

"Miranda?" I muttered. My heart was racing. I looked closer, and saw that my sister looked incredibly pale.

"Remember, Riddikulus!" Lupin called to me, but he seemed so far away. Suddenly, my sister's body fell forward. I felt all the color drain from my face as I realized, she was dead. Suddenly the boggart turned into my mother, and the same thing happened. I felt frozen, like I couldn't move at all. Tears clouded my vision.

"Riddikulus!" Lupin shouted, stepping in front of me. He guided me away from the boggart. "Let's take a small break," He said, and I noticed he was leading me out into the hallway.

I leaned against a wall for support. My head was spinning, and I thought I might faint.

"Are you all right, Elladora?" Lupin asked.

"It's Ella," I mumbled.

"Come again?"

"No one's called me Elladora since I was little," I told him. "I go by Ella."

"Ah, my mistake." Lupin said. There was a moment of silence before he continued. "I can tell you weren't expecting the boggart to assume that form," he told me. I nodded, avoiding his gaze.

"It's alright, sometimes we don't realize our true fears. Or rather, we choose to ignore them."

"Yeah, guess so." I said. I brushed some of my hair out of my face. "It's quite embarrassing."

"What is?" he asked.

"I couldn't do the spell. Everyone else could, and I couldn't."

"That's nonsense." Lupin told me. "Besides, I know adult wizards and witches that still can't get rid of a boggart." There was more awkward silence after that.

"You know, you remind me of someone, Ella." I raised my eyebrows.

"Who?"

"Someone I went to school with. He always seemed to doubt himself and his abilities. And you know what? He turned out to be one of the best wizards I have come to know."

"Really? Who?" I asked once more.

"Now, look at the time. I better get back to the class." he changed the subject. "As your teacher, I can't advise you to skip class. But I do, however, understand if you would like to stay out here for the remainder of the lesson."

"Yeah, thanks." I mumbled. Professor Lupin stood up and walked back into class, but I sat down in the corridor.

My mind still felt fuzzy and I still had tears streaming down my face. The image of my dead sister and mother wouldn't leave my head. I tried to focus on something else, but I couldn't forget what I had seen.

And what about what Lupin had said to me? Who was the wizard that I reminded him of?

"Skipping class, are you, Ella?" I looked up to see Fred walking towards me. My eyes widened and I quickly tried to wipe the tears away from my face. It was embarrassing enough having the whole class watch me break down, I didn't need Fred mocking me for crying.

As he got closer to me, his grin faltered.

"What's up with you?" he asked.

"Nothing." I mumbled. He sat down next to me.

"Now, now, Ella. I don't like it when I'm lied to. And besides, your hair gives you away." he told me. I pulled some hair close to my face and saw it was a silvery blue. Fear and sadness.

"Don't you have class right now?" I asked, changing the subject.

"Only History of Magic. Professor Binns didn't even notice when he died, I highly doubt he'll notice if I step out for a moment." he laughed. "Now, stop changing the subject." I frowned.

"We were learning about boggarts in class," I told him. "And mine took the shape of my sister and then my mother..."

"Yeah?"

"They were dead." I said, my voice shaking. Fred was quiet for a long time after that.

"I'm sorry, El. That's horrible." I nodded. I couldn't get that moment out of my head, it was replaying over and over. The tears welled up in my eyes once more and I turned away from Fred.

"Hey, no crying. I want to see happy Ella," He put his arm around me and I leaned into him. "I'm serious El, I'm gonna make you smile even if I have to force you to." Fred started rubbing my arm and I suddenly felt much calmer. I gave him a small smile and he pretended to cheer.

After a few minutes, the bell sounded and I stood up quickly.

"Um, I need to grab my things from class." I said hurriedly. Fred laughed.

"What's the rush, Hart? Come on, I'll go with you." He walked towards the classroom and I followed, hesitantly.

"Please don't tell my sister." I told him as I entered the classroom.

"I wouldn't dare," Fred grinned and pretended to zip his lips shut.